• Edenbridge

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • None of the three

Votes: 12 10.5%
  • I don't know these bands well enough to vote

Votes: 7 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I really don't think Edenbridge is getting enough credit here. Their sound is both unique and familiar at the same time. The more you listen to them the more you realise how beautiful and charming the vocal melodies are. They are certainly on the melodic and compositional extreme and don't do much of any flashy strum and drang stuff - but for me that has always what has given them such identity in their sound and style (which can honestly be quite rare in this genre). I've wanted to see them for quite some time and my vote is for them hands down.

I didn't think a lot of people were going to vote for After Forever (besides me, Zod, Milton and Connie... lol ) That's very impressive :D
And besides, I always hear peple saying good stuff about Within Temptation, so I thought AF didn't really have a chance on this poll. Good to know that there are people here that enjoy the band as well :)

I'm not totally sure those types of bands are fit for PP, but anyway if I have to choose I go for WT since "Mother Earth" is one of my favorite albums, on the other hand I didn't follow them to the next one so I'm not sure about them anymore.

But if they promise to play old material I'll be all the way, Sharon voice is totally angelical.

I think we could run this thread into the double-digits naming our own pet favorite underground female-fronted metal bands (Ebony Ark, anyone? Seraphim?). But...

Another chip on the table for After Forever! They blew me away at Wacken a few years back... had no idea who they were, and figured by the name that they'd be another smokey bellbottomed stoner doom Sabbath clone. Oh, how wrong I was, how WRONG!

and tell me I'm not the only one who gets chills to their cover of "The Evil That Men Do!"

Pellaz said:
Really? Ya don't say?! The Evil Darkmess tour cancelled.... Can't imagine why....... :heh: :lol: :rolleyes:

I wish it would have gone on, it would have been a tremedous catastrophe of truly epic proportions, definately would have made it into a few record books.

Man, I was really looking forward to the evil darkness tour! it was pretty cool to think about something like that in the states, but they planned everything terribly!

Anyway, this thread is a never-ending tie between these two. I voted for After Forever.

:lol: ;)

Wyvern said:
I'm not totally sure those types of bands are fit for PP, but anyway if I have to choose I go for WT since "Mother Earth" is one of my favorite albums, on the other hand I didn't follow them to the next one so I'm not sure about them anymore.

But if they promise to play old material I'll be all the way, Sharon voice is totally angelical.

The Silent Force is awesome, every song, definitely check it out.

Empress said:
Man, I was really looking forward to the evil darkness tour! it was pretty cool to think about something like that in the states, but they planned everything terribly!

:lol: ;)
It was a nice idea, but very clear from the beginning there was no way it was ever gonna happen. Completely mismanaged. Never got my hopes up for that, just hoped it died quickly before the embarassment became too huge.

I could have voted for any of the three, but went with WI. Just hope there is definitely a female-fronted band. Nice to mix it up. Nightwish? :D

As much as as the Evil Darkness Tour actual tour/set-up plans baffled me, the website baffles me even more. Technically, they don't have a website at the moment. They only have forums, but you will find that they are still active and moving forward for the fall of 2007. The Penguin and I don't see eye to eye because I admit to making fun of the thing, but I still wish him the best of luck.

That said, why on earth would you require registration to read the forums and then deactivate an account if they have not posted within seven days. That's insane.

Harvester said:
As much as as the Evil Darkness Tour actual tour/set-up plans baffled me, the website baffles me even more. Technically, they don't have a website at the moment. They only have forums, but you will find that they are still active and moving forward for the fall of 2007. The Penguin and I don't see eye to eye because I admit to making fun of the thing, but I still wish him the best of luck.

That said, why on earth would you require registration to read the forums and then deactivate an account if they have not posted within seven days. That's insane.

All you need to do is sign up, write a nice little post about how the tour will never work as currently setup and then sit back and lurk (while reading the amusing replies from the brainwashed few who somehow think they'll be able to afford going to 6+ tour stops which will magically make it successful). I think I posted 2x and still have an "active" account.
If the guy got real about the tour, I'd have no problems and fully welcome it. However, I don't want bands who have never been to the US signing up for a tour expecting to have soldout crowds in 20k+ arenas only to be extremly dissapointed at the 2k that do actually show up. I think that'd bring us a step back from where we are today with more and more non-mainstream metal bands touring the US (and we do owe quite a bit of that to you).

Within Temptation and After Forever are both talented bands, make no mistake about it. I respect both bands, but in my opinion Within Temptation are superior. This has nothing to do with who a better singer is or which band plays better instruments. It simply has to do with WT having better songs and songwriting and variety. You can listen to AF and although it's good, you can't help but feel like one song is just an exact copy of the next as far as the operatic vocals are concerned. Even Epica and Nightwish mix it up, but from my limited experience with AF and I could be wrong, but from what I heard every song seemed it like it never ended and it was the same thing for the entire length of the disc, and any Video I've seen just confirmed this trait. I mean no disrespect but it turns into dull whine when you listen to them for an extended period of time.

Within Temptation has catchy melodies and stands on their own in the sea of cookie cutter Nightwish bands and B&B clones. Also they have an owl in their video, shit..they win just for that lol.

Just please keep in mind I'm not trying to bash AF or troll / piss anyone off here, I'm just trying to be objective with my opinion. As far as I'm concerned I would love to see either one or both, but if I had to choose it would be Within Temptation as I am clearly more drawn to their sound.

Having seen all the bands in the poll live (besides Edenbridge. But their CDs are bad enough...I'd rather watch myself die slowly in a pool of warm piss than sit through that tedious shit), I really have to recommend After Forever.

I've seen them twice now and both times they have utterly destroyed every band than went on before and after them, including Lacuna Coil, Epica and loads more. Floor is, without a doubt, the best singer in the so-called "femme metal" genre. As much as I'd love my own band to play, I'd also love After Forever to play to show you folks where Epica got their moves from.