• Edenbridge

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • None of the three

Votes: 12 10.5%
  • I don't know these bands well enough to vote

Votes: 7 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I really have to recommend After Forever.

I've seen them twice now and both times they have utterly destroyed every band than went on before and after them, including Lacuna Coil, Epica and loads more. Floor is, without a doubt, the best singer in the so-called "femme metal" genre. As much as I'd love my own band to play, I'd also love After Forever to play to show you folks where Epica got their moves from.

:headbang: :headbang:
:worship:

Too bad I can't say "Yes, I agree..when I saw AF live......." but I will..... ;) one day =D

I really have to recommend After Forever.

I've seen them twice now and both times they have utterly destroyed every band than went on before and after them, including Lacuna Coil, Epica and loads more. Floor is, without a doubt, the best singer in the so-called "femme metal" genre. As much as I'd love my own band to play, I'd also love After Forever to play to show you folks where Epica got their moves from.

PERFECT POST.

. It simply has to do with WT having better songs and songwriting and variety. You can listen to AF and although it's good, you can't help but feel like one song is just an exact copy of the next as far as the operatic vocals are concerned.

That's funny because I think WT''s songs song a bit the same.. but then again, I can see we have totally different opinions
:)

Posted this in another thread, but it kinda got buried...

One thing about After Forever that really impressed me when I started getting into them is the way they really communicate with and listen to the fans. I sent an email to Floor about them coming to the US and received a reply from her the next day. On the AF forum, Sander regularly posts on the English forum and some of the others do occasionally.

I've been a member of the fanclub for a while as well, mostly just to get the quarterly "fanzine". Fanclub members that live near the band get to attend lots of special events, shows, dinners, barbeque's etc. with the band. I asked the fanclub staff about some ideas to make fanclub members who are not close enought to do these thing feel more a part of it and I think that is why on the last outing (tour of the studio) they videotaped it and posted it up for fanclub members only.

I think it really great the way they do these things and they seem very down to earth.

I think we could run this thread into the double-digits naming our own pet favorite underground female-fronted metal bands (Ebony Ark, anyone? Seraphim?). But...

Another chip on the table for After Forever! They blew me away at Wacken a few years back... had no idea who they were, and figured by the name that they'd be another smokey bellbottomed stoner doom Sabbath clone. Oh, how wrong I was, how WRONG!

and tell me I'm not the only one who gets chills to their cover of "The Evil That Men Do!"

here a little video of their wacken show as an example for all who didn't see them live yet:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULZQ4Ucnt6o&mode=related&search=

and the evil...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkGEaMin3dI

and here are some more older and recent videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUjE1lSEzVU&mode=related&search=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYD2P0jMRF0

just search on youtube for more, there are a lot

the band plays tight as hell live

Thanks for posting those videos! They can really work the crowd and have a lot of energy! i.e. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6dg7odi-gc&NR It's too bad that I read they didn't reply back to Glenn, in the past. They'd be a great fit for PP. The 3 kinds of vocals (Floor's clean classical/operatic & lose/soulful, plus the growling for the many death metal lovers that attend) and they have both proggy, power and death metal songs.

Within Temptation and After Forever are both talented bands, make no mistake about it. I respect both bands, but in my opinion Within Temptation are superior. This has nothing to do with who a better singer is or which band plays better instruments. It simply has to do with WT having better songs and songwriting and variety. You can listen to AF and although it's good, you can't help but feel like one song is just an exact copy of the next as far as the operatic vocals are concerned. Even Epica and Nightwish mix it up, but from my limited experience with AF and I could be wrong, but from what I heard every song seemed it like it never ended and it was the same thing for the entire length of the disc, and any Video I've seen just confirmed this trait. I mean no disrespect but it turns into dull whine when you listen to them for an extended period of time.

Within Temptation has catchy melodies and stands on their own in the sea of cookie cutter Nightwish bands and B&B clones. Also they have an owl in their video, shit..they win just for that lol.

Just please keep in mind I'm not trying to bash AF or troll / piss anyone off here, I'm just trying to be objective with my opinion. As far as I'm concerned I would love to see either one or both, but if I had to choose it would be Within Temptation as I am clearly more drawn to their sound.

I agree with this guy.

I picked After Forever because I've listened to albums by both Edenbridge and Within Temptation. They were good, but nothing *great.* From the few AF songs I've heard and all the wonderful things people have said, it seems an easy pick.

However - what about Stream of Passion?

However - what about Stream of Passion?

Glenn suggested last year that they would be too expensive because the band members are from different parts of the world. :cry:
I still hold out that it wouldn't be too expensive if he could grab them in the middle of some tour dates so that they'd be all together. However, can't guarentee they'll be touring next October.

AF 45
WT 35 ?
YAAAAAAAY
:D lol
too band this doesn't really "count" as for "who the next female fronted band will be"

(but, I still have hope...)

Reactions: ConnieOH
Good news! It looks like Glenn is paying attention to this poll! :p
ticketwy7.jpg