Poll: Thrash Metal vs Death Metal

Thrash Metal vs Death Metal

• Thrash Metal

Votes: 19 67.9%
  • Death Metal

Votes: 9 32.1%

• Total voters

Hey no reverse voting here, girls can only change their minds, oh ya you are a girl, but that's not fair, you could have been the swing vote, we are voting in the present, not what we would have done 10 years ago........................this is 2002............TL Web Mistress please remove her illegal vote...........
:) :) :) :)

Reactions: prozecutor
Originally posted by Deadly Embrace

Hey no reverse voting here, girls can only change their minds, oh ya you are a girl, but that's not fair, you could have been the swing vote, we are voting in the present, not what we would have done 10 years ago........................this is 2002............TL Web Mistress please remove her illegal vote...........
:) :) :) :)

Alright DE, you left out some key words and phrases here...

Currently, and Thrash is #1 in my heart

Webmistress..the vote is good..don't listen to him..he's :loco:

(luv ya DE :D )

Thrash.

I haven't listened to much death metal in a while.
Personally nobody did it better than Death, early
Obituary, early Morbid Angel and Napalm Death.
Just my opinion.

-OfficerNice.

Death Metal is to wide a category, in fact straight up Death Metal, brutal, fast, clicky one dimensional bands, I have a hard time listening to their whole albums, maybe a few choice songs, but I can't take to much of it..............I need Melodic Death Metal...with lots of changes, old time guitar solo's, with a groove, it can be brutal, but not just only brutal, it can be thrashy, but not all thrash...........some keyboards, at times, but not overly........& some varying vocal patterns & style. Do you hear me TL webmistress? I'll take Thrash, when its up against Straight Death Metal.................

my vote went to Death metal but mainly because I listen to it more than thrash
any good bands you recommend besides the classics?

THRASH!!! i concur about the straight-up death...it blows! one dimensional and waaayyyyy too boring. bands like DARKANE and DIMENSION ZERO have got the perfect sound friggin' nailed man. brutal, fast, heavy, but with some melody. IN FLAMES and esp. SOILWORK used to, (can't believe I have to refer to their good stuff as "EARLY inflames/soilwork" just like mettali-suck...it pisses me up!) crap, even DARKANE's latest was hugely disappointing, after two stellar barn-burners. AT THE GATES accomplished it, and promptly broke up!?!? (and no, I don't like THE HAUNTED...way too monotonous! how about some variety guys??? the new album is supposed to be great, so we'll see... )
Overall, Thrash or fast Melodic Death gets my vote. Of course the dog faced gods new cd will rule ALL! IN THE NAME OF ALL THINGS METAL, WHEN IS IT COMING OUT!!!!!!!!! dnr

Melodic Death Metal, with thrash inside it.........................

*nods*

Death Metal is to wide a category, in fact straight up Death Metal, brutal, fast, clicky one dimensional bands, I have a hard time listening to their whole albums, maybe a few choice songs, but I can't take to much of it..............I need Melodic Death Metal...with lots of changes, old time guitar solo's, with a groove, it can be brutal, but not just only brutal, it can be thrashy, but not all thrash...........some keyboards, at times, but not overly........& some varying vocal patterns & style. Do you hear me TL webmistress? I'll take Thrash, when its up against Straight Death Metal.................

*nods even more profusely*

Originally posted by dRIFTWOOD
THRASH!!! i concur about the straight-up death...it blows! one dimensional and waaayyyyy too boring. bands like DARKANE and DIMENSION ZERO have got the perfect sound friggin' nailed man. brutal, fast, heavy, but with some melody. IN FLAMES and esp. SOILWORK used to, (can't believe I have to refer to their good stuff as "EARLY inflames/soilwork" just like mettali-suck...it pisses me up!) crap, even DARKANE's latest was hugely disappointing, after two stellar barn-burners. AT THE GATES accomplished it, and promptly broke up!?!? (and no, I don't like THE HAUNTED...way too monotonous! how about some variety guys??? the new album is supposed to be great, so we'll see... )
Overall, Thrash or fast Melodic Death gets my vote. Of course the dog faced gods new cd will rule ALL! IN THE NAME OF ALL THINGS METAL, WHEN IS IT COMING OUT!!!!!!!!! dnr

*nods once again...EXCEPT...Dimension Zero are good but hardly "perfect" and could actually use an extra dimension! Darkane's latest benefits greatly from a few more listens. If you're a Darkane fan (like me) it'll grow on you i reckon. Then again, i also find merit in Soilworks latest, so go figure.*