• Epic Metal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Classic Old Metal

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Theatrical Metal

• Nu Metal

• Girl Metal (just like's girl bands barely clad)

• Trailer Park Trash Metal

• Rap Metal

• Pop Metal

• Alternative Metal

• Other Metal?

• Total voters

Deadly Embrace

TL PREACHER
Feb 27, 2002
Bay Area
www.sfmetal.com
Here's your chance to vote for your favorite type of Metal, there's alot of different types & I hope I listed the most popular kinds.
If I did'nt list your "type" of Metal, Click Other & list it in your post.
The last poll: Thrash vs. Death Metal was to vague & limited, although a great idea, so I've decided to expand upon it............
I know I can't please everyone, but most is what I'm after.............

My vote, lies where my heart is today, in the present, not what it used to be, or with what Testament is, or back in 1980 or 90's......

MELODIC DEATH METAL

AAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TOO MANY GENRES!!!!! God damn I didn't even knew so many exsisted!! Let's see...I'm listening to a lot of Power Metal lately.....Black Metal as well...Love Magog! Ummmm........But I love Death Metal probrably more than I should......Well, I guess the flavor of the week is Power Metal...haven't been able to get by Blind Guardian, HammerFall, or Manowar.

Great idea.....BUT!!!!!!!! (whilst I have to admit I kinda lean to melodic death myself) I have to kinda agree with
Originally posted by LIZ METAL
AAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TOO MANY GENRES!!!!

This genre thing really is getting outta hand. My favourite would probably be some kinda hybrid combo of any 3 or 4 of the genres on this list. But I defy anyone, these days, to produce a genre glossary that won't be attacked from all sides within 24 seconds of its publication.
Given that "Metal" is a "genre" itself within music in general, it surely must be the biggest and most diverse of all! There's a fair range of "typical" metal genres here on this poll but, with all due respect, i'm starting to wonder if this "genre" thing is becoming redundant. Sure, i know it's necessary to categorize but, with the lines having been blurred already and continually being blurred further (don't get me wrong...it's one of the things that makes metal far more stimulating than other genres of music) it's getting to the point where it's easier and more accurate to define a bands sound by who they are most reminiscent of, or crossover thereof. eg: "They're a lot like Blind Guardian" or "They're a lot like "The Crown" meets "Soilwork".
Meanwhile, here in the comfort of my own surroundings, i can stick with my favourite 2 genres..."I like it" and "I don't like it".

:lol: Sorry, that was my long winded way of saying the poll is too hard to vote on...as relevant as it may be!

I went for the Prog metal, a close second is Melodic Death, then Thrash..but the prog is my fav. I love those 10 minute songs that transform you to another world!

It's really hard to choose..because I love all metal (except for stuff like Cannibal Corpse and Nile) blast beats make my head want to explode!

Originally Posted By mindInsane, on Nov. 19th:..."Currently I'm waaay more death metal, but thrash is #1 in my heart..so I voted for thrash"

:confused: :confused: :confused: Changed your Mind............Insane..................:) :) ....Again?.......

iron maiden - they could be loads, classic, progressive, slightly thrashy in places, almost near black too

but i like everything except for the majority of nu and pop metal

My theory is that speed is more stuff like Slayer that has less solid riffing, although I don't really know, so don't listen to me.

Instrumental all the way...Dysrhythmia, Actual Time, Kopecky, Spastic Ink, Hermatavore.....

I had to vote for Thrash metal. I've always been into Thrash from day one but have picked up on alot the different types listed like Death metal, Black Metal , speed metal etc. I'm with Liz by saying that there are two many damn catagories in music in general!!!!!!

hehe

Originally posted by Deadly Embrace
My vote, lies where my heart is today, in the present, not what it used to be, or with what Testament is, or back in 1980 or 90's......

MELODIC DEATH METAL

Speak your mind! I like that! I just bought the Dimmu Borgir, Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia,,,,,fucking awesome, oh yeah, and I got In Flames ..Colony much better than Clayman. I looked for Dimension Zero, Tower didn't have it :(

I thought the phrase "Bay Area Metal" woulda been
up there, so in lack thereof, THRASH!!!!

Bay Area Metal Rules.

-OfficerNice

Originally posted by Deadly Embrace
Originally Posted By mindInsane, on Nov. 19th:..."Currently I'm waaay more death metal, but thrash is #1 in my heart..so I voted for thrash"

:confused: :confused: :confused: Changed your Mind............Insane..................:) :) ....Again?.......

HMMMM..reading this post the word BRAT comes to mind:p

You didn't have prog on the last survey...smart @zz:D