*pondering*

CHaRLoTTe

+ Dripping.With.Sin +
Nov 26, 2001
Limbo
clubs.yahoo.com
Hey Hey Boys and Girls!!

I was just sat here, and I was pondering to myself, by this time every year there is at least a good few decent albums been released, but I've only been impressed by about two albums this year, and one was an ep! Granted there is still three months of the year to go, and there are still releases to go *cough AREA 54 *cough*

I was just wondering what everyone's Top 5 albums of the year so far are..
perhaps give me some inspiration!!

Right, now where did i leave that bottle of Lambrini - im so classy to the core!! Three times a lady - thats me!! ;)

To be honest, I haven't found much that was really good this year.

Top album has been Alien by Strapping Young Lad, possibly the most complete album by SYL to date.

Runner up, Party Animals by Turbonegro, honourable mention to Judas Priest and Angel of Retribution (if it didn't lose steam towards the end, it could've been a great record).

Also enjoyed Still Hungry by Twisted Sister and The Lesser of Two Evils by Anthrax but these are both re-recorded versions of old material, so they don't really count.

no, I'm finding it a poop year too. Infact, I can't think of 1 album I've bought this year that I would recommend to anyone. The one album I luhurrrrrv though is a 're-release limited edition' album which was relwased by The Music this year, their second album Welcome To The North (first released last year). Although I suspect nobody on here is a fan - tis a good album - one I can listen to all the way through, not many bands I can do that with, 54 are one though :D

ive heard very little i liked this year so far, mind you ive not had much time to listen to it anyway.

Im still finding the 54 ness the way to go and i wont listen to anything else on the way home- its the only thing that removes the suicidal tendencies !

as for lambrini - it rocks - cheap pissedness and i laugh til i cry - and it makes for fab burpage!

I've got no idea. New music? Is there any worth a spit? I guess there are, but the amount of rooting through the general grey goo that is the Music output of this planet for the last 10 years makes it hard work finding it.

Bring back the early 90s, I say!

... Now, where's my walking stick?

madgirl said:
ive heard very little i liked this year so far, mind you ive not had much time to listen to it anyway.

Im still finding the 54 ness the way to go and i wont listen to anything else on the way home- its the only thing that removes the suicidal tendencies !

as for lambrini - it rocks - cheap pissedness and i laugh til i cry - and it makes for fab burpage!

right with you girl!! :)

well im glad it isnt just me, i thought maybe its because im out of touch!

In regards to Opeth, the new album i have been told is rather fab, and im being made to listen to it later this week!

one album, that i just remebered is coming out or has come out is Dope - American Apathy!!

do we have any Dope fans here (the band, not the stuff!! :p)

madgirl said:
OOh Dope - they rock ass - though i kinda figured they had disapeared.

Opeth rock, saw them woah - 3 years ago at the LA2- it was amazing.

no no!! the new album is out now, and its great!! i got it in the post the other day!!! eeeee!!

A band who's album im impressed with...Liverpool band The Most Terrifying Thing - you mighta heard their stuff played on Classic Rock. Originally called Audioslave til they sold the rights to Mr Cornell n co. They're pretty sweet indie-rock i think really though so might not be of interest to anyone on here.

www.seeca.co.uk is where ya can find stuff on them.

I am going to be the odd one out and totally disagree with every one in this thread.

I personally feel there has been some fucking killer albums out this year and am only going to say a few coz i will be here all day.

Strapping Young Lad - Alien
Nile - Annihilation of the Wickid
Chimaira - Chimaira
Black Dahlia Murder - Miasma
Arch Enemy - Doomsday Machine

i am ganna stop there coz i was getting carried away a bit but there is also loads of albums to be released in october which hearing samples of they are going to be awesome aswell, such as the new Exodus, Akercocke etc.