Pope John Paul 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
fulminatrix_XII said:
That Pope was the most conservative for centuries. True he spoke a bunch of languages and was rather open towards other religions, but his views on women's rights and AIDS among other things are the direct cause of the death of millions of people. I would say it's a good thing for mankind he's dead now, except that the ones most likely to suceed him are far far worse... The fight is not over yet...

Well no shit he didn't support those things, he was raised in wartorn poland, naturally someone like him is not going to support those things. Religious people in general are goign to shy away from things such as AIDS. Don't go running to the vatican to find teh cure for your diseases.

the_drip said:
Well no shit he didn't support those things, he was raised in wartorn poland, naturally someone like him is not going to support those things. Religious people in general are goign to shy away from things such as AIDS. Don't go running to the vatican to find teh cure for your diseases.

NO NO JAPANESE PEOPLE DONT HAVE SOULS! :lol:

capt.sge.dcp89.010405201049.photo05.photo.default-367x285.jpg

the pope is casting Bless
the pope casts Bless
Satan is casting Finger of Death
Satan attempts ranged touch attack on the pope: hit (30 vs DC 15)
Satan killed the pope
the pope quit

I'm polish, raised catholic, not fanatic catholic like alot of polish people i know.
I am not religious, allthough it is hard to strain away from it, since every single hloiday/tradition that polish people have is based on it. i don't go to church, don't pray, don't read the bible. I have better things to do, than worship god.
I do respect catholicizm, just like i respect every other religion/belief system there is.

I do respect Pope John Paul II. Its not an every day thing, where you see a man who gave his entire life to in order to serve something he beleived in, to be a leader- lets face it the most influential, biggest religion of the world. That to me is pretty big thing.

As of reading this thread, i haven't read as much disrespectful bull shit on any board that i post on. The man is dying, so what he is a head of Catholic church, he hasn't done anything wrong, why diss him??
He was influential person, not only for catholic people.

pope was polish, yes that is true. he is also pretty big political figure, pretty much anywhere in the world. He was chosen as head of a church from a comunistic country, where religion under major restriction.

@fulminatrix_XII - we are talking aobut catholic church here, and as we all probably know catholic church is pretty conservative. issues like woman's rights and aids, since when did catholic church wanted to deal with them in a first place. i wanna know where are you getting your resources from, your information is pretty interesting.
I think the was not the most conservative Pope, but the least conservative one, at least that is what I am getting from watching documentries and reading his bigraphy from many many different sources.

As of news coverages, they are annoyign true, it almost seems like media are waiting for him to die, not wishing for his health and well being.

^^^ Pff... sure, nothing wrong with that but... just have some respect for those who do, man. I really didn't see the Pope as "the symbol of God on Earth" :rolleyes:
but I indeed hope the man may now rest in peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.