Porcelain Heart sample?

Its kind of annoying that people are saying it sounds like this or that... its a 15 second clip... now while it does sound very slightly similar to TRTD theres still another 8 minutes...

woah!!! i love the sample!!! to be honest, i wasn't expecting it. sorry for the lack of faith!!!

*edit* holy fucking shit, i haven't been this excited about opeth since the first time i heard them!!!

*edit* i don't know what you guys are smoking. this sounds fucking fresh, like a vibe i've never heard in opeth. as a i grow up, picking "favorites" is something i wish i could see through, as all music is beautiful. bands progress no matter what, whether its to stale and heartless, or fresh and vibrant. this to me is fresh and vibrant. ghost reveries didn't seem so fresh and vibrant. maybe its just the place in my life speaking, but i think the issue is a testament to the heart of the matter with music. overall, this album may suck total ass, and maybe even the band thinks so, or may think so down the road, but right fucking now, i love the 15 second sample of porcelain heart.

*edit* in response to the comparisons to the style of the ballads of ghost reveries, i think this sounds nothing, absolutely nothing like it. in fact, to me, it sounds like something i've been waiting for from opeth. i thought they fucking lost track of my important expectations on ghost reveries.

after all this, it is just a stupid little 15 second sample. i shouldn't judge like this.

woah!!! i love the sample!!! to be honest, i wasn't expecting it. sorry for the lack of faith!!!

*edit* holy fucking shit, i haven't been this excited about opeth since the first time i heard them!!!

*edit* i don't know what you guys are smoking. this sounds fucking fresh, like a vibe i've never heard in opeth. as a i grow up, picking "favorites" is something i wish i could see through, as all music is beautiful. bands progress no matter what, whether its to stale and heartless, or fresh and vibrant. this to me is fresh and vibrant. ghost reveries didn't seem so fresh and vibrant. maybe its just the place in my life speaking, but i think the issue is a testament to the heart of the matter with music. overall, this album may suck total ass, and maybe even the band thinks so, or may think so down the road, but right fucking now, i love the 15 second sample of porcelain heart.

*edit* in response to the comparisons to the style of the ballads of ghost reveries, i think this sounds nothing, absolutely nothing like it. in fact, to me, it sounds like something i've been waiting for from opeth. i thought they fucking lost track of my important expectations on ghost reveries.

after all this, it is just a stupid little 15 second sample. i shouldn't judge like this.

calm down boy.

lol why do some of you think the whole song is going to be soft? if you heard a 15 second clip of the harmonized vocal section in master's apprentices before deliverance came out, you'd all think it would be like some PT song.

ts kind of annoying that people are saying it sounds like this or that... its a 15 second clip...

..and that's what the comments are about. JUST THOSE 15 SECONDS and nothing else. You can hear a lot in fifteen seconds. Exactly fifteen seconds of music actually. And it is possible to base an opinion on it. On those fifteen seconds. The rest of the song can be ska for all we know.

Not that it changes anything in this discussion, but the clip is actually about 30 seconds long. I was surprised, too ... it feels more like 15, like most people have said.

Oh, and I really like it.

it would be cool if it were all soft. That stuff was mostly reserved for damnation, I don't see why they couldn't do it on any other album. Its still a long song, so I do expect heaviness beyond belief.

The sample of Porcelain Heart sounds very nice... I loved the atmosphere the chords created. Just can't wait to hear the rest.

Did I see someone complaining about how soft Opeth has become? :loco: Arguably, they have a more "polished" sound, but personally I find that it compliments their and style very well. Besides, you don't have ANY say in which direction Opeth takes their music. :cool:

it would be cool if it were all soft. That stuff was mostly reserved for damnation, I don't see why they couldn't do it on any other album. Its still a long song, so I do expect heaviness beyond belief.

Yeah, I don't think they'd have a song that long that was all soft. As for non-Damnation soft stuff, I thougth Ghost Reveries had quite a bit (three full songs).