Porcupine Tree: Track titles and song lengths listed

I didn't even know PT had a new album coming out, let alone had released one, until I saw this thread the other day. Now I'll probably have to wait 2 weeks for it to be imported; Ignorance is Bliss.

I just listened to the album, Xbox ruined it for me too. Worst album since deadwing they should just quit having lyrics in porcupine tree songs if Steven is this influenced by Bill Gates.

You bloody idiots whining about wilsons use of xbox and mtv in his lyrics. Its a statement about todays society and it makes a valid point when you read the lyrics or listen to them properly. It's actually quite profound in the context of todays society. If you're seriously writing off a whole album upon the use of a couple of words in the lyrics, i feel sorry for you. Its best album ive heard in ages.

Don Corleone, way out of here is amazing, wait until you hear it live, its beautiful (as is my ashes). Anesthetize had hairs standing up on my neck when i saw them on wednesday night.

Don Corleone, way out of here is amazing, wait until you hear it live, its beautiful (as is my ashes). Anesthetize had hairs standing up on my neck when i saw them on wednesday night.

i really wonder how they manage to get that sound in te chorus when they play it live...with all the effects and that..."neeeeeeeed aaaaaa way out of heeeeeere..."

i'll try to catch them somewhere around europe this summer if they are on tour

You bloody idiots whining about wilsons use of xbox and mtv in his lyrics. Its a statement about todays society and it makes a valid point when you read the lyrics or listen to them properly. It's actually quite profound in the context of todays society. If you're seriously writing off a whole album upon the use of a couple of words in the lyrics, i feel sorry for you. Its best album ive heard in ages.

+ 1 :erk:

Tuesday night for me. :kickass:

i really wonder how they manage to get that sound in te chorus when they play it live...with all the effects and that..."neeeeeeeed aaaaaa way out of heeeeeere..."

i'll try to catch them somewhere around europe this summer if they are on tour

It's actually John wesley (who sings that part), who tours and does backing vocals / guitars for them. They actually credit him with backing vox on this album. I dont think he is even credited on the dvd which he is in.

He sang beautifully weds night, i dont know why steven doesn't make a him a full time member, he is essential. He is better than Wilson in some ways.

I honestly don't know how PT replicate their sound so well live, its incredible, almost as good as listening to the cd in a quality aspect but better just because its really loud (the music just envelops you) and more atmospheric. Then you get all the sequenced video / graphical footage on the big screen behind them. The drumming is amazing too.

It's actually John wesley (who sings that part), who tours and does backing vocals / guitars for them. They actually credit him with backing vox on this album. I dont think he is even credited on the dvd which he is in.

He sang beautifully weds night, i dont know why steven doesn't make a him a full time member, he is essential. He is better than Wilson in some ways.

I honestly don't know how PT replicate their sound so well live, its incredible, almost as good as listening to the cd in a quality aspect but better just because its really loud (the music just envelops you) and more atmospheric. Then you get all the sequenced video / graphical footage on the big screen behind them. The drumming is amazing too.

I love John Wesley. But he wouldn't really have a place in the band... the only role he has at the moment is the backup vocals and guitar when Steve can't do it on tour. I'm really eager to check out his solo stuff though.

damn you..! i wish PT were playing here for a change..! :\ (Israel is sooo far from the world in this aspect)

the new album is amazing.
Disgustipated, do read the whole album's lyrics. the "story" is told from a teen ager point of view.
The writing is amazing here, it is giving you this emptiness, dullness of materialistic life.
just great! best album since me discovering Deliverance.

It really isn't that profound, but if you're seriously bitching about what other people have to say about the album, you need to calm the fuck down.

In other news, from what I've heard, Deadwing is better and Steven Wilson has never been one with writing lyrics.

Steven is this influenced by Bill Gates.

Ha, that's a classic.

Seriously kiddies, I think a few of yas need a good 'ol lesson in contextual fiction, aye.

Disappointed to see a few people make prejudices at the lyric including X-box, before hearing the album, or even seeing the rest of the lyrics to that song!

Anyway, no, I wouldn't say it's anything mind-blowing.. but it is a good, solid album. Really, consistency is one thing many bands lack these days, and this just proves that PT are not one of them.

I've heard the album now a number of times, and I happen to enjoy it quite thoroughly. I haven't had the opportunity to listen to the album and follow along with the lyrics, but I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to figure out where SW was going with XBox line.

Now, I'm not going to direct any comments towards anyone for their views on this album, based on the aforementioned, seemingly controversial lyric, aside from this: If you're basing your opinion on the disc around that one little thing, you truly are missing out on a very decent album.

So far. I'm finding it just Ok....nothing too special though....most of the riffs are a little mundane sounding...nothing too special to me anywayz....I still like the earlier stuff better.....it may grow on me though....could care less about the xbox lline.

I think it's mostly that I don't find anything standing out on this album. Deadwing wasn't entirely good, but there were a lot of stand out tracks.

I can't relate to the new album im not twelveteen and emo. Porcupine Tree is still one of my Favorite bands, this album just isn’t for me.