portable musicplayer?

zodi

Jun 20, 2002
Gothenburg
What do you prefer, cd, minidisc, mp3 or maybe the car-stereo?

I travel alot with trains and such, several hours every day, so if I had a cd or md I would have to listen to the same music over and over again or shuffles discs by hand so I bought an mp3-player today *happy* The quality might not be as good but since there is so much noise around me when I listen I don't think that matters, and a 5 gig hd makes up to it anyway :) And it's also smaller than a md-player.

An mp3-player would be sooooo sweet, but since i have a burner and a cd-player, i get my job done just fine, no need to spend more money on it..
And also a cd-player in the car would just rock me thinks *sigh* :)

Siren (hey, coffee rules :D )

MiniDisc. I copy all my albums from CD to MD when I get them...I've got a CD/MD deck which copies them with 4x speed, so it doesn't take all that long. Well, then I put the original CDs somewhere where they are (more or less) safe and just listen to the MDs...at home though my MD deck or when I'm outside through my portable player. Those MDs are almost indestructable...unlike CD-Rs...

I don't have anything yet, but I'd recommend a MD recorder.

The only thing that pisses me off about them is that there aren't any portables that have true digital duplex...

Most of them have great digital download, but if you record something on the MD, and try to upload it to your computer, you need to use analog...

I'm hoping they'll introduce a full USB one sometime, then I'll get one. That's what I'm really waiting for.

I think that a year a go md might have been the winner in the md vs mp3 question, but now a you get a 5 gig mp3-player for the same price as a good md. In some months you will get 10 gig for the same price. The small loss in quality doesn't matter much.

*my iPod already feels lika a part of me* ;)

i just buy a 6 gig mp3-player at 180€ and i'm really happy with it
now i can bang my head in the bus when i go at the university :headbang:

I'm really happy that I spent 300 buck on my Sony MD RZ-90 two years ago. Have used it like never before and would gladly spend the same amount of money again, just to get one,

I got an MP3/CD player called Egoman, really cheap at 78 euros and so far I like it, nothing like having a CD with 12 CDs on it in MP3s, can't tell the difference in sound quality compared to regular CDs, not with the plugs I use (and if you say you can hear a difference between CD and MP3 then you are and freak and don't deserve my time :lol:

(btw, I may disagree with anything said here, as I am drunk and don't know what the hell I just wrote :lol: )

My favourite (and most often used) music player is my stereo. I do have a CD player, but don't use it often. I don't travel much and am afraid it will get stolen if taken to school (Also must pay attention while going to/from school and crossing the street. :p )

I don't have an Mp3 player of any kind as my computer connection and system are evil. They are too slow and don't have the right programs to do anything.

I only listen to music while at home.
As long as it's reasonably warm outside I don't need a portable player since I'm using my bike to get around and music would just affect my traffic awareness in an unfavourable way. :)

But as colder times draw near - along with tedious bus trips - I'm set on buying some kind of portable device.
The player At the Gates mentioned seems good, I'll proably buy one of those.

Originally posted by Riva
MD player... small, good quality, no need for destroying your normal cds. On my MD i can have 320 min on each disc. I use it dayly, have could I survive school without it?

oh yeah with me its the same and my MDrecorder
and the best thing ever is longplay!!!! 5 albums on one MD
but sometimes I forgot whats on it(my samplers) and often Im astonished whats coming next...
the best thing I ever bought was this sony MDplayer/recorder