PoS and Beardish off PN '09

Eh, I'm sure if you're really desperate to get rid of tickets that TicketBastards won't refund, some rabid Dream Theater fan will buy them off you.

I'm very disappointed. Of course I was excited to see DT, but PoS was probably an even bigger draw for me. I could care less about ZpZ and Beardfish. Now, regarding the replacements, it makes me really disappointed. They both may be good at what they do, but they bore me to death. Come on Mike, stop trying to win the Nearfest fans and put some prog metal bands in the bill, goddammit.

I'm not even sure I wanna go anymore. Ughhh

PoS leaving kills my interest in this. I would still go if it was just DT and ZPZ playing longer sets. I'll wait for DT's next evening-with, if/when it happens again.

Though I'm disappointed that Pain Of Salvation and Beardfish are off the bill, Scale The Summit is a worthy replacement who will certainly benefit from the exposure. Speaking of such a benefit (and this is for Soundscape), that's the whole point of the two undercard bands being on the Progressive Nation bill. Portnoy has been making that point since he put the first tour together. Of course most people are going merely for Dream Theater or Zappa Plays Zappa! Last time I checked, headliners are supposed to act as the main draw of a concert, but what do I know?

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Makes last year's bill just look all that more spectacular!!! this year's is so disappointing

I scored the best tix I ever have at the Greek in L.A. so not giving up my 5th row tix! I'm going for DT so anything else was a bonus. I am happy about BigElf though, they just played L.A. a month or so ago and I totally got into them. Scale the Summit I have only listened to on their myspace page but will look forward to a live show!

Tonight- ULI ULI ULI!!!!!

I for one am excited to possibly see StS for the third time. And I can officially say that a band that will be opening for DT has slept on my couches and floor.

I honestly do feel bad for all the POS fans here. Trust me, I know how it feels to get shafted out of seeing one of your favorites. It happened to me during the Nightwish/Sonata Arctica tour. Hopefully, all of you will be able to get your money back, seeing as this was out of your control. :kickass:

~Brian~

Yeah, this sucks...but it's not like bands never drop off tours in the metal world. Off the top of my head, I can think of about 4-5 tours in the past few months where the openers have dropped off. This shouldn't be too unexpected.

DT should have just punted and hyper-extended their own set-list. I really wanted to see PoS, but if it had been between them or DT getting their entire set time (hypothetically), I would have had to think about it long and hard.

Scale the Summit, from first listen, sounds bland, repetitive, and self indulgent
Bigelf, from first listen, seems VERY interesting.

Just got off the phone with ticketmaster and they won't refund or anything seeing as "openers are subject to change" and "the owners of the show are not allowing any refunds due to the change." I have one pretty good ticket and now I am just hoping to be able to sell it.