POS takes a shot at Sym X...why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
all you doubting kind diamonds legacy on metal, listen to the riffs and melodies in melissa.

on topic: this is really a non-point as someone said before

Dubs, I've seen you admit to not minding One Hour by the Concrete Lake.

And frankly, I'm more concerned with the music PoS puts out than what comes out of Daniel's mouth. Lyrics aside, Scarsick is almost completely unlistenable. Except Disco Queen, which I listen to when I'm drunk, and laugh. I really wonder how the lineup changes are going to affect this band.

True! LONG before Danny ran his mouth about "stuff" :heh:
It's more fun to be a hater! :)

From what I've seen, our humour is at least 10x more evolved and funny than Canadian.

Let's see what we get here. I'll google for Canadian jokes. Alright first hit patriotism jokes, I think we can all agree on skipping that one. Ok let's take a jokes from google hit #2:
A French guest who was staying in a hotel in Edmonton phoned room service for some pepper. "Black pepper, or white pepper?" asked the concierge.
"Toilette pepper!"

Oh that's really funny Mr. funny Canadian guy.

Let's see what Swedes have to offer. Googling Swedish humour actually hits this page as #1 http://www.thelocal.se/5854/20061219/. An article about swedish humour! They mention Bellman jokes so here's my own Bellman joke, I made it up just now:
A Canadian, some random guy and Bellman (the swede), were sitting in a hotel room. The Canadian asked the random guy who the funnier guy is, him or the swede. He said: Well it's not fucking you, you mayonaise gurgling mounty!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Wasn't that a great joke.

Brought to you by a swede.

obviously the funniest canadian joke right???

anyway, about the original post, seems to me he was trying to go one up on symphony x. perhaps he just wants to put his band aheda of what he considers to be a high-rung band in symphony x.

Man, I love Pain of Salvation but Danny boy comes off as a self-righteous douche sometimes. This article in particular isn't that bad though, and I bet Symphony X almost always put on a better show than PoS. I've only seen Symphony X though.... because POS WON'T FUCKING TOUR THE US!!! Bastards.

since i haven't commented on the actual point of this article, i think i should mentoin that all y'all are overreacting. it looks like a passing comment. I doubt Daniel is sitting in the Förtress of Prög rubbing his hands together and going "Take THAT Symphony X!!!"

Obviously I'm not a fan of the dude, but let's not look into this shit too far... that's just silly.

It would be funny if that part of the message was really just a program within the text that just reads your mind, figures out your favorite band and that's what you think it says there.

in b4 pothead jokes :p

I haven't seen the SymX DVD but I heard that it was rubbish, from this forum in fact. Therefore doesn't DG have a point? I wouldn't criticise someone if they were speaking the truth.

The dvd footage is not rubbish, it's mostly 'home movie' quality is all, & people got butt hurt because they didn't bother to read the case where it tells them as much..their playing is fine on the dvd (or Romeo would never have released it for anyone to see), so no, DG doesn't have a point.

That said, I think the comment was just referring to how SymX isn't a band to bring a lot of fufu crap on stage with them..they focus on the music (which I personally prefer).

Oh, and may I add..I'm DAMN glad that "sitting in a ring on stage, playing on three balalaikas and spoons" is something we won't see SymX do..egads, can you imagine? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.