Possible Idea

Besides the fact that you’re an attention starved moron, I was referring to that being some random album no one gives a fuck about and it made the top 100 metal albums of all time.

Besides the fact that you’re an attention starved moron, I was referring to that being some random album no one gives a fuck about and it made the top 100 metal albums of all time.

It's a cult album that has a following among both prog and doom fans. I know a decade ago it definitely got a lot more traction, but today Burkhard is probably the only regular on this forum that would call it a favorite.

I find it weird that Burkhard is literally the only person that posts here that doesn’t seem to like any form of black or death metal.

I know a decade ago it definitely got a lot more traction, but today Burkhard is probably the only regular on this forum that would call it a favorite.
The latter would also be my guess. But maybe dwellerINTHEdark likes it, since he liked Skumring.

I find it weird that Burkhard is literally the only person that posts here that doesn’t seem to like any form of black or death metal.
Weird because I seem to be the only one (i.e. one might expect more of my kind) or weird because you wouldn't expect someone who is neiter into black nor death metal to post here at all? (I mean, there are others on UM who like neither black nor death metal, but they don't post on GMD, in some cases maybe exactly because of this reason.) By the way, while your impression that I don't like any form of black metal is correct, there is an exception as far as death metal is concerned, because I actually do like some of Death's albums, most of all "Leprosy" (which I would also include in a top 50 of my favourite metal albums), but that's nearly about it. I also have got Morgoth's first three releases, out of which I liked the debut EP most, but I haven't listened to them for a very long time.

I think it is safe to say that the more we get away from the second half of the eighties/early nineties, the more my personal taste differs from what might be considered/comes close to "general consensus" on GMD. You just have to look at my entries in the yearly polls - if I do find the minimum number of releases allowing me to participate at all. It also seems I've become extremely selective over the years/decades, but that's the way it is. The latter might also explain why I've never been overly active here. There have been times where I didn't post for months.

Reactions: Phylactery
Weird that you post here I guess, since this board has quite a bit of a black and death metal following. Seems you’d have little common ground with a lot of the posters. Not that I’m complaining, I enjoy your comparatively stranger lists in the yearly threads. I did assume there’d be parts of this board where there are more people with no interest in either, but I only post in this part.

But I also find it strange because you listen to some of the more extreme thrash (I think anyway?) and the jump to black metal/death metal isn’t very much from there. If you were one of those that only listened to trad/power/doom stuff I’d find it less strange. Oh well, each to their own!

Leprosy is also my favourite Death album!

I barely listen to black metal outside of Mayhem, Satyricon, Craft and a few bands that mix it with doom or thrash etc. But then I'm somewhat selective with everything and it's got a better chance of making my lists than some other subgenres.

20 albums per member is probably plenty.
Funnily enough I came up with a list of 19 so far. Didn't take as long as what it'll take me to decide what the 20th should be (regardless of whether we stop at 20 or make them longer).

Yeah I’ve decided on a top 30 I think if we go ahead and do this.

I’d like to see more people say if they’re interested before going ahead and making the thread. It’s not something I’ll rush either - I’ll probably have a month as the deadline for lists to be posted and finalised.

Reactions: Draehl and Bloopy