Post albums/bands you once hated but now enjoy.

Absurd - Facta Loquuntur

I just couldn't wrap my head around why this album is good for the longest time, then with one intent listen of Dreaming of Love and I understood.
)
I still don't like that release but I love the way the rerecorded stuff sounds (Der Fünfzehnjährige Krieg)

Some of the first death metal albums I hated at first were Council of The Fallen - Deciphering the Soul, and Hate Eternal - I,Monarch. Now they fucking kick ass, I guess current mood plays a big role on first listens of a particular CD.

The first Judas Priest album I heard was Turbo and I thought it sucked balls so I didn't even try listening to them for years. Although I still don't like Turbo, I love all their other albums.

Neurosis was another band I couldn't stand - now they're one of my favorites. Honestly, I think you need to be stoned or really tired and jacked-up on coffee to really 'get' Neurosis. Luckily, I'm always tired and jacked-up on coffee...

Satyricon - Nemesis Divina
Dark Tranquillity - The Gallery
Nevermore - Dreaming Neon Black
Immortal - Battles in the North

Never hated these albums just took some time to get into.

The first Judas Priest album I heard was Turbo and I thought it sucked balls so I didn't even try listening to them for years. Although I still don't like Turbo, I love all their other albums.

Neurosis was another band I couldn't stand - now they're one of my favorites. Honestly, I think you need to be stoned or really tired and jacked-up on coffee to really 'get' Neurosis. Luckily, I'm always tired and jacked-up on coffee...

you did right...Neurosis is awesome.

b88cb771_1.jpeg

It was only a few months ago that this album really clicked with me after being familiar with it for a few years.

This album and Gorguts in general didn't click right with me for a few months as well so you are totally not alone here.

Devourment - Molesting The Decapitated. Before I was really into slam I remember hearing this album a long time ago and going what the fuck?! Ah how times have changed.

The first time anyone listens to brutal death metal... It's gonna be awkward, imo.