Post albums/bands you once hated but now enjoy.

Most of Ministry. The vocal clips annoyed the living shit out of me at first, but now it's just another layer in the fantastic sound to me.

I think I actually disliked Sabbath's album Sabotage when I first heard it, as retarded as that may seem. It probably bothered me that it sounded so different from their other stuff.

I also hated Opeth's Watershed on first listen, but after the second I found that it was actually a decent album (though not great).

The first Judas Priest album I heard was Turbo and I thought it sucked balls so I didn't even try listening to them for years. Although I still don't like Turbo, I love all their other albums.

Neurosis was another band I couldn't stand - now they're one of my favorites. Honestly, I think you need to be stoned or really tired and jacked-up on coffee to really 'get' Neurosis. Luckily, I'm always tired and jacked-up on coffee...

I'm only tired at certain hours of the night and I rarely drink coffee. I think I've found the reason why neurosis is so far teh suck.

Isis> Neurosis, for sure

I wouldn't say I actually hated these but they certainly didn't click with me the first time around.

Ildjarn - Det Frysende Nordariket
Adramelech - Psychostasia
Incantation - Onward to Golgotha
Aeternus - Beyond the Wandering Moon
Aeternus - ...And So the Night Became
Darkthrone - A Blaze in the Northern Sky
Graveland - Thousand Swords

I originally hated ALL metal with screaming and stuck to the more "standard vocal" stuff, mostly power metal. Then, I eventually grew accustomed to it.

Oh Arckanum was a big one for me too. I originally listened to Kampen and pretty much felt very ambivalent towards it. In like late 2007 someone mentioned him again here (MP I think?) and I relistened to some of his other works and fell completely in love (no homo). I was obsessed with him for a while and still really love his work.

I did. I kind of freaked out about him also for a month or two. I love his music, just not to the level you did.

i absolutely hated Necrophagist at first, but i listened to Epitaph last night, and i fucking loved it, i don't know why i hated it.

In Flames - The Jester Race

Before, I've only heard "Dead Eternity" and assumed that it was the only good song from the album. I always thought it was overrated, even though I listened to no other songs (Why the fuck was I so stupid back then?). But now, IMO it's their best, tied with Whoracle.

Most of Ministry. The vocal clips annoyed the living shit out of me at first, but now it's just another layer in the fantastic sound to me.

Yeah, I used to dislike Ministry and I found their songs obnoxious until I heard Animositisomina.

I thought Deicide were weak until I listened to their s/t. Still, they're not half as great as Death, Morbid Angel or Obituary.