Post random pics of yourself

This was me after the first time I heard the Wacken Carnage:

SSPX0014.jpg

that's brutall!!!!

151418_res1_Nathan.jpg

I've been paying metal for about 4 years (jazz before that for 2). I don't know how good I am exactly but I'm pretty fast. My double kick is at about 16th at 220bpm and my blasts are at about 200bpm (clean blasts). I'm pretty versatile but I lack good syncopation skills. I've also been busy with school so I'm not practicing as much as I should be. Here are my friends and I recording before I expanded my kit:

darwinadam.jpg

Yes, I do have friends

do u own this guy?

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. Drummers like Flo Mounier may be insanely fast and insanely good, but I'd pick Tomas Haake any day over Flo, because of his sheer groove factor.

do u own this guy?

I have more power in my strokes (good for jerking the ol' salami), more control, and more consistency. My double kick is also much cleaner than his at higher speeds. However, I don't really think this video does him justice. His blasts are cleaner than mine are and I'm working on that. This is a better video to show you his playing level:

Decapitated - Invisible Control

Here's are 2 videos of when I really started taking metal drumming seriously (about 1 year ago) although I've been concentrating on metal for about 4. I'm better now (my strokes were so weak back then) but you get the idea. I'll try posting better videos soon:

Spheres of Madness

Living Monstrosity
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkC8RC3t6rU&feature=channel[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
nice videos, you must be really good by now. My metal drumming is kind of meh, I don't really practice it because of school, will start doing it more seriously in a few months I think. Epic bloodbath forum blastbeat battles ftmfw!

Might give me more motivation to clean up my blasts......I always get them up to a good level, then stop practicing, then have to relearn them again. It's such a piss off....

Haha yeah, I had my blasts up to a decent level once, but because I'm not in a metal band (at least not as drummer) at the moment I didn't practice it, it's almost completely gone now. Getting blasts up is the most bumraping thing in all music I think, but being able to play them fast makes you cooler than Satan.

Flal if you do that I'll come to Sweden too and we shall have a threesome of butsehs :D

Nice Gojira you have there Shapeless. I see you like grandma dish towels too :)