Post Rock/Hardcore

The descriptor "progressive hardcore" would imply that Mastodon is not a metal band, which is obviously not the case.

Sludge is a better name for bands like Isis, who have an obvious stoner/doom influence.

Although Isis have that slight stoner/doom influence I still wouldn't call it sludge. I really dunno what I'd call Isis, actually.

As far as sludge goes, I think of really dirty sounding stuff like Iron Monkey, Eyehategod, etc, who also have stoner/doom influences but aren't really the same as Isis. Iron Monkey is fucking awesome, though.

NineFeetUnderground said:
ive only heard one burst track, so i cant make that call. i didnt care for it to be honest, i wasnt very impressed.

I swear you said a while ago that you said burst one of the only modern bands holding your attention recently. Which doesnt happen alot lately. Maybe it was someone else.

for some reason I doubt some modern metalcore band (or actually any band in history) has a canon as forward-thinking, diverse, and groundbreaking as the beatles, analogy destroyed try again