Bran Barr - Les Chroniques de Naerg
Kalibas/Rune - Split CD
Obituary - Back From the Dead
Pig Destroyer - 38 Counts of Battery
Red Harvest - There's Beauty in the Purity of Sadness

Dreamlord said:
Breach - Outlines
Breach - Friction

Very good choices, good Sir! I've got the digipak version of Friction, and love it. The song that made me go out and buy it was "Curfew" (I have the video on various Burning Heart Records video/DVD samplers). Breach is brilliant, Swedish hardcore/metalcore. Too bad they split up some time ago. Also, check out "It's Me God", (The song "Replenish The Empty" has been one of my favourite songs for about 5 years now) and "Venom". Do you enjoy other Burning Heart Records bands? Refused (are fucking dead, sadly) and Raised Fist are personal favourites of mine.. together with Millencolin, No Fun At All (sadly split up) and 59 Times The Pain (split up too) :oops:

henrikmain said:
Very good choices, good Sir! I've got the digipak version of Friction, and love it. The song that made me go out and buy it was "Curfew" (I have the video on various Burning Heart Records video/DVD samplers). Breach is brilliant, Swedish hardcore/metalcore. Too bad they split up some time ago. Also, check out "It's Me God", (The song "Replenish The Empty" has been one of my favourite songs for about 5 years now) and "Venom". Do you enjoy other Burning Heart Records bands? Refused (are fucking dead, sadly) and Raised Fist are personal favourites of mine.. together with Millencolin, No Fun At All (sadly split up) and 59 Times The Pain (split up too) :oops:
Yeah, I really like the Breach albums. I own all (or most) of their stuff. I also own 'Kollapse', 'Venom', 'It's me God', and 'Godbox'.

I'v heard one album by Refused, but didn't like it too much. Haven't heard the other bands.

ffanatic said:
Dreamlord, what's Halo like?
Definitely not for everyone. Try to imagine the bastard child of Khanate and Godflesh, and you've got it. One second they'll be pounding away with fast, industrial type dirges, then you'll get 6 minutes of slow noise/feedback/ambient type stuff.

Dreamlord said:
Yeah, I really like the Breach albums. I own all (or most) of their stuff. I also own 'Kollapse', 'Venom', 'It's me God', and 'Godbox'.

I'v heard one album by Refused, but didn't like it too much. Haven't heard the other bands.

The only recording you don't own by Breach, then, is "Old Songs Vs. New Beats", if I remember correctly. Good band! Which Refused album did you listen to? They have released these:

This Just Might Be (The Truth) - Debut album. Incredible hardcore done just the way I love it. One of my alltime favourite CDs, but I'm heavily into all things punkrock/hardcore.

Songs To Fan The Flames Of Discontent - Has got some interesting moments, and contains the anthem "Rather Be Dead". Can be quite boring, though.

The Shape Of Punk To Come - Brilliant, revolutionary, crossover hXc. Mostly mid-tempo, heavy songs with a strong political message. New Noise!

The EP Compilation - Personal favourite of mine. Contains some B-sides of singles, the groundbreaking "Everlasting" EP, and their debut single; "This Is The New Deal".

The Demo Compilation - As the name indicates, a collection of their demos "Refused" and the underground classic "Operation Headfirst". Has also got some "leftovers", songs made for compilations that never were released, and a live track. Surprisingly good, considering this is mostly demo material. "The Marlboro Man Is Dead" is an alltime favourite, and of course the cover version of AC/DC's "Back In Black" :p

henrikmain said:
The only recording you don't own by Breach, then, is "Old Songs Vs. New Beats", if I remember correctly. Good band!
Yeah, I almost included that one in my order to Burning Heart Recs. It just didn't seem that important, having only a few songs I think.

Songs To Fan The Flames Of Discontent - Has got some interesting moments, and contains the anthem "Rather Be Dead". Can be quite boring, though.
THis is the Refused album I heard. I thought it was pretty boring.

Dreamlord said:
This is the Refused album I heard. I thought it was pretty boring.

Well, you should check out the infinitely better "The Shape Of Punk To Come" and then "This Just Might Be (The Truth)". Download "New Noise", "Summerholidays vs. Punkroutine" and "Pump The Brakes".. Killer tracks!

I like Refused, though I used to like them more when I was really into hardcore. I have Everlasting, Songs To Fan The Flames Of Discontent, and The Shape Of Punk To Come. The Shape Of Punk To Come is actually my least favorite of the three. I still like it though.

Cephalic Carnage vs. Anal Blast - Perversion...and the Guilt After/Version 5.Obese
Deadwater Drowning - Deadwater Drowning
Found Dead Hanging - Dulling Occams Razor

SuicideMachine said:
What do you think of At The Drive-In? They were apparently very much influenced by Refused, I own "relationship of command", and that is one fucking badass listen. Havent heard it in months though...
Which Refused CD do they sound like, Songs To Fan The Flames Of Discontent or The Shape Of Punk To Come?

In the last month I have got...

Cryptopsy - None So Vile
Nile - Black Seeds of Vengeance
Suffocation - Despise the Sun
Darkthrone - Transylvanian Hunger
Nightwish - Oceanborn

Quite q weird selection, I know! :D