Post your hauls here

cookiecutter said:
Yeah, but I think these sentiments are fading as bands like Xasthur, Leviathan, etc gain popularity and acceptance.

and those bands (or one man projects, you could say) are very good. I like Xasthur a little more, though.

Necuratul said:
On purpose?

Myself and a mate always say "Onward!" as a motivational thing, a "lets get moving" type thing (like when we're going to the pub, or going to get a kebab). The other usually tags on "...to Golgotha" for no fucking reason what-so-ever. So I bought him a shirt.

Great story, huh?

Décadent said:
All my friends like metal. And beer.

Edit: and tits, but that's probably a given.

not trying to put you on the spot, but its probably because you are not from the USA. metal is not as acceptable here as it is there.

You're going to have to explain to me how the underground metal scene is acceptable in a standard social setting anywhere in the world. Metal will always be a genre for social misfits and people with a strong sense of individualism. Discounting the trendies who are into metal because it's "cool", this will always remain a very, very small minority of the population in any country.

[/welcome to generalisation country]

Décadent said:
You're going to have to explain to me how the underground metal scene is acceptable in a standard social setting anywhere in the world. Metal will always be a genre for social misfits and people with a strong sense of individualism. Discounting the trendies who are into metal because it's "cool", this will always remain a very, very small minority of the population in any country.

[/welcome to generalisation country]

maybe its because it just seems that way to me. oh well. It would be nice to have at least one friend into metal.

It is very common to see metalheads here (long hair, leather jackets, etc) -- especially in Helsinki. I wouldn't say it is for "social misfits" but the majority of metallers I have met (or know) have a very strong sense of individuality. They have taken the time to understand themselves and the world they live in. They respect themselves and others and rarely try to cause any kind of trouble for other people. Well, I am speaking about older (in their 20's and 30's) fans of metal. Just like back in Canada, I am sure there is a much younger crowd who listens heavy/extreme music just for the seer enjoyment of "scaring" the people around them.

Reactions: cookiecutter
with Oden *AA
Hollowed by thy name*COF
22 acadia ave*DT
now you got something to die for*LOG
transmigration macabre*AE
war path*hypocrisy
bastard son*Watch them Die