Post your music here if you want people to comment on it

I guess thats good then? Haha

Honestly though, was there anything you really dug/didn't dig, thought was cool/okay, suggestions for improvement, anything at all?

Listened again.
Intro/main riff is fairly generic. Adequate, but doesn't really grab me. The grooving verse part is cool. The vocals should be pitched a bit lower there, though. The riff after the solo is cool; the solo itself is earfuckery in a kinda cool way. Again, the vocals sound a bit too high. It would be nice if the guitars were a bit higher in the mix, but I'm trying to ignore sound issues since this is obviously a rough demo. The riff you go into after the false ending is fucking badass. Chanting something over that could be cool; you could even just scream the title of the song. Again, that main riff is alright but going back into that is a little disappointing. Overall I just felt the song structure left something to be desired. It just doesn't seem to go anywhere. That riff after the false ending is clearly the highlight of the song; building up to it a bit more would be nice, and then doing something cooler with it, such as a chant or whatever. If you go back into the main riff afterward, I think a better transition is in order.

Just my thoughts. As it stands, the song is good but not as good as the stuff on the EP. Also, it doesn't sound as much like Morbid Angel but I wouldn't call it original, except maybe for the verse part.

new song is pretty sweet, i think it will definitely sound better when recorded better. The main riff may be generic but I find it pretty enjoyable. And I really like the solo's.

I guess thats good then? Haha

Honestly though, was there anything you really dug/didn't dig, thought was cool/okay, suggestions for improvement, anything at all?

im gonna give you some feedback too! i've not heard anything else you've done so i'll take this song as i hear it. i agree the intro riff isn't genrebreaking but it has plenty of energy so it fulfils its purpose of starting the song with a (head)bang. the solo at 1:20 is a bit, maybe a bit polite? hehe.

i am not as sure as my esteemed colleague about that riff that kicks in at 2:28. it's good, it's heavy, it could be better. i like it, but agree it shouldn't go on for a whole minute without anything else. perhaps some vocals, as divine_torture said, or some meshuggah-y overlaid guitar octaves, something to add to it. it's strong, but it's not strong enough to stand on its own for that long.

i felt, when the intro riff came back in again, that it might work if the build-up to it had been a bit more intense. maybe add another sludgy/doomy riff for instance before it. At the moment it seems like an arbitrary choice because, there are only certain riffs you can go back to. really, really like the solo back into groove part, at the end. That groove part, well it works really well ending the song. This makes me think that it would be better served as a refrain section in the rest of the song, rather than being used as the verse. this could mean a more normal fast verse slow "chorus" dynamic being used in the rest of the song. just an idea, not one i'm especially strongly committed to, that part is strong, which is why it didn't quite click for me that the only (?) vocals i hear are over it.

alternatively, leaving it as it is, maybe you should look at some rhythmic vocals over the second part of the groove riff- the singing settles into a cool rhythm, then it just stops over the second half, until it comes back in with "minions of the cross", when it could continue to smash my face into the ground. just a coupla words there that people can scream back to you would be cool.

just a few thoughts, now do whatever the hell you were gonna do anyway, it sounds great

http://www.myspace.com/baelnornband

Some stuff me and a mate put together. The middle one might be a finished song, I dunno, the other two could do with some changing as there's several riffs and that I don't like.

I don't think any of them are that great really, most likely the result of the guitars/drums being all me and all done when highly intoxicated.

Ideas and shit would be great, bruhs.

Listened again.
. The riff you go into after the false ending is fucking badass. Chanting something over that could be cool; you could even just scream the title of the song.

Hehe.......... thats exactly what we ARE going to do. Thats funny that you thought of that too haha.

But yeah again this is just a demo... things are gonna change; the song structure was just kinda roughed out to get a final product together so that we can analyze it and see its strengths and weaknesses. Cuz for me, its SO much harder to actually "see" the song when I'm playing it, to get a feel for the movement and emotional flow and whatnot.

I'm thinking we're gonna do something vaguely similar to the part in Unholy Ceremonies that builds up to the "dun DUN DUN" thing, where the drums do that 1/8th note floor tom/snare build up thing. But do it for like 4 bars, where the first 2 bars are straight 1/8th notes, and then the 3rd bar "accelerate" it to a 1/16th note fill, and then lastly a 1/32nd note fill that would explode into that thrash groove thing.

And you're right about coming back to the blast beat thing... we had another riff that was gonna come after the thrash thing, but it just wasn't feeling right. But yeah a better transition is definitely in order.

I wicked appreciate your insights though dude. I really mean that

Cool, you seem to have some good ideas. Anytime you can throw up a recording of the reworked song I'd be happy to give you my opinion.

This song is gonna kick my ass, but I am gonna get the sommamabish! Here is the arpeggio section after a couple of days of practice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks man, were getting are stuff re-mixed and mastered here in the next week so are quality is gonna be 100% better.

This my bands URL www.myspace.com/bigredrobot1

Check us out and tell us what you think, though are kinda of music is usually frowned upon by most hardcore death metal fans, but hey you cant please everyone

I'm morally opposed to this sort of music so I won't complain about that. However, I'll comment on the vocals: the growls are alright, they have power and reasonable clarity. The screams, however, are not so great; I would recommend focusing on the growls and using the screams only occasionally, possibly in tandem with the growls. Other than that, the guitar tone needs some real work unless you want this to sound really sludgy and the clean vocals aren't very intimidating (as in the "make a wish 'cause it'll be your -" bit).

Well the songs we have up aren't mixed or mastered its all pre production, the clean vocals we only did to change up from the constant growling and screaming, but thanks for the input.

We're a pretty new band from BC, Canada. Our demo's been out for about six months, and so far we've gotten good feedback, but we can always use another opinion!

http://www.myspace.com/chaoslogicmusic

This is a live vid of one of our tunes "Neurodischarge" we did just this past new years in a little pub in our hometown of Cranbrook.

Stay crusty!

Last edited by a moderator: