Dec 28, 2010
nowhere
Hello.

So I got:
1x Behringer A500 (Power AMP)
3x Behringer P1220F (Passive Monitors)

How can I connnet the amp to the monitors so It goes -->
Amp => Monitor => Monitor => Monitor

Should I use the Bridged Mode and only the first input?
What happens if I turn the amp all the way up?
Will it give the same amount of power to each one of the monitors?

Thanks.

OK, I saw I can connect them using Series, but how much Watt will each speaker get?

and...
the impedance will be 24Ohm. is the amp going to die?

No, amp won't die. SS amps can usually handle anything from 4ohm upwards. It's when you go down to 2 ohm or less that amps start to struggle and overheat.

Ok, so first off-- DO NOT PLUG ALL 3 MONITORS INTO THAT AMP (BRIDGED). You will be running a 2.7 ohm load, which could potentially destroy the amp.

These monitors are 8 ohm, all 3 chained together that will give you an impedance load of 2.7 ohms. You obviously have no idea how impedance works, you don't add them.

This amp provides 2 modes -- 2 x 300w @ 4 ohms (or 2 x 125w @ 8 ohms) or 600w @ 8 ohms bridged.

At 8 ohms (which your monitors are) that amplifier provides 125w. Your monitors are rated at 60w continuous. Usually double the continuous rating is a proper place to start with amps, so this is an ok match.

You should hook one of the monitors to channel 1 and one monitor to channel 2.

To run all 3 of those monitors properly you really need 2 of those amps. One amp with monitors hooked into channels 1 and 2, and the other amp you will only use one channel.

Well, thanks.

But which type of connection will give me 8+8+8=24 Ohms, so I can connect all monitors?
I somewhere read that but I forgot.

I see, on lives, they connect like 5 monitors from one amp like this:
Power Amp => 1st Input => 1st Output => 2st Input => 2st Output => 3st Input => 3st Output..
How do they do that?

Well, thanks.

But which type of connection will give me 8+8+8=24 Ohms, so I can connect all monitors?
I somewhere read that but I forgot.

I see, on lives, they connect like 5 monitors from one amp like this:
Power Amp => 1st Input => 1st Output => 2st Input => 2st Output => 3st Input => 3st Output..
How do they do that?

if they are wired in series (like car speakers sometimes are) that is when ohms are added. monitors are wired in parallel. you would have to open the monitors and completely rewire them, and i'm not sure of the safety of this because I've never heard of anyone wiring monitors in series

if the amp can handle the ohm load you can connect as many monitors to it as it can handle, yours cannot handle the low load. they do make amps that are stable down to 1 ohm

if they are wired in series (like car speakers sometimes are) that is when ohms are added. monitors are wired in parallel. you would have to open the monitors and completely rewire them, and i'm not sure of the safety of this because I've never heard of anyone wiring monitors in series

So, because I'm confused...

If I use the stereo mode (2 x 300 Watts into 4 Ohm) and connect them like this:
Amp Channel 1 = 1st Monitor
Amp Channel 2 = 2nd Monitor => 2nd Monitor Output => 3rd Monitor Input

Is it going to work or not?

So, because I'm confused...

If I use the stereo mode (2 x 300 Watts into 4 Ohm) and connect them like this:
Amp Channel 1 = 1st Monitor
Amp Channel 2 = 2nd Monitor => 2nd Monitor Output => 3rd Monitor Input

Is it going to work or not?

yeah that will work you just can't bridge all of them together which is what I thought you initially wanted to do

the 2-8 ohm wedges will give you an impedance of 4 ohms, which is safe. you can have different ohm loads on each channels as long as you don't exceed the 4 ohm minimum (go below 4 ohms)

so, that called bridged connection?

but how can they connect 5 monitors to one 2 channel power amp,
in the exact same connection as i mentined?

I have no idea without knowing the exact equipment involved. If the monitors were 16 ohms you could connect 5 of them

I have no idea without knowing the exact equipment involved. If the monitors were 16 ohms you could connect 5 of them

so anyway, i can run 4 monitors with my amp bridged right now (2 on each channel). right?

when i turn the volume all the way up, on ch1 will it give the half of Watts on each monitor?

so anyway, i can run 4 monitors with my amp bridged right now (2 on each channel). right?

when i turn the volume all the way up, on ch1 will it give the half of Watts on each monitor?

You need to understand what you're doing. Using both channels is not bridged mode. Read the amp manual. This is not stuff you learn properly in a day. Use Google impedance and load is not easy stuff to understand or explain. I told you everything you need to know.

You COULD hook up 4 monitors that way but do not put the amp in bridged mode and it would be more ideal if you had 2 amps (1 monitor per channel)

You need to understand what you're doing. Using both channels is not bridged mode. Read the amp manual. This is not stuff you learn properly in a day. Use Google impedance and load is not easy stuff to understand or explain. I told you everything you need to know.

You COULD hook up 4 monitors that way but do not put the amp in bridged mode and it would be more ideal if you had 2 amps (1 monitor per channel)

yes, i will sure read the manual but the rehearsal is in like 10 minutes and the manual is on drummer's appartment.
so i put it on stereo and run mon1 on ch1 and on ch2 mon2 and mon3 after mon2.
turning the volume all the way up on ch2 will give half power to each speaker. right?