POWER METAL fan making the genre look bad. hahaha.

This person has the right to spew off his awful opinions.
No matter how wrong, but music is music, no matter what some dream theater fan boy says it is or what it isn't.

There are decent bands in all genre's he was bashing, he just has his head up his ass.

This person has the right to spew off his awful opinions.
No matter how wrong, but music is music, no matter what some dream theater fan boy says it is or what it isn't.

There are decent bands in all genre's he was bashing, he just has his head up his ass.

There are decent deathcore bands?

There are decent deathcore bands?

There are indeed bands that have a decent concept of their instruments who play the supposed genre of deathcore, besides that it comes down to taste I suppose.

Probably the best example I can give.
These guys were kinda my gateway into the progressive side of metal, and more extreme metal in general.

As far up his own ass as he is, he does have a really valid point about the pig squeals.

Yeah thats something I just cannot stand, there is no point to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
HAHAHAHA! I agree with him 100%! LEt the bashing begin! BTW he cant monetize it due to the music / copyright issues. Im a youtube partner and cant make money even if using a snippet of a bands music.

It was pretty funny and I mostly agree with him. That grind/gore whatever stuff is pretty horrid. I thought to myself the other day "what the fuck, I'll give it a shot, maybe I'll have grown to accept it" and gave up after about 2 minutes. Bad. Whenever I hear stuff like that all I can think of is Glenn's comment about the death metal guys being neanderthals. Seems fitting. And cracks me up.

I agree about the -core thing too. Idiotic labeling.

I don't like any of the bands he rants against. But to dismiss music you don't like as somehow objectively inferior or somehow not art is a mixture of arrogance and ignorance. That music is art and a valid form of expression; just not at all for me. That music speaks to someone, who am I to judge or dismiss the experience they feel when they listen to that music? Seems like a golden rule thing, I would not appreciate people being dismissive of the things I enjoy, so I won't do it to their music. Sure, I can tell you plenty of reasons that music does not appeal to me, but I won't condemn it or dismiss it as without any value or merit.

It was pretty funny and I mostly agree with him. That grind/gore whatever stuff is pretty horrid. I thought to myself the other day "what the fuck, I'll give it a shot, maybe I'll have grown to accept it" and gave up after about 2 minutes. Bad. Whenever I hear stuff like that all I can think of is Glenn's comment about the death metal guys being neanderthals. Seems fitting. And cracks me up.

I agree about the -core thing too. Idiotic labeling.

I actually appreciate the -core labeling as it helps me avoid that crap. It's kind of amazing that I became such a huge fan of Hardcore Superstar since it had -core in its name.