Power Metal

SwallowTheSea

Dissonance
Jun 8, 2007
I don't know if anyone here listens to Power a whole lot, but I do, just wanted to know what bands you enjoy and whatnot. I mostly like Folky-er Power Metal, mainly more Irish Folk influence. Stuff like Elvenking, Leprechaun, Skiltron. Besides the folk, I like Jag Panzer, Kiuas, Blind Guardian.

My idea of Power Metal is of the US scene in the 80s. Jag Panzer, Omen, Sacred Oath, Sacred Rite, Attacker, Brocas Helm, etc. Though I also enjoy Blind Guardian, Gamma Ray, some Helloween, and maybe a few others here and there.

Friend of mine sent a link for Grim Reapers See You In Hell video...i nearly sharted myself after watching. Just could never get into anything remotely powermetal and believe me Ive tried. I consider myself very open minded. Closest I come to powermetal vocals is Into Eternity(in which most of you probably dont consider PM)

The chessier the better in power metal. I love the euro power metal scene where the lyrics are what some people call dungeons & dragons influenced also, if it has any symphonic elements it makes it 100X better. Rhapsody is one of my all time favorite bands but also at the top are:
Avantasia
Blind Guardian
Dragonforce (I don't care what people think of them, I like them)
Dragonland
Edguy
Galloglass
Hammerfall
Heavenly
Kamelot
Lost Horizon

also try morgana lefay, they are fucking awesome thrashy power metal. Heavy with very good vocals.

LOL @ me recommending early pantera to a guy with screen name "RIPDime" :lol:

Thats fucking legendary! Yea Dave, I got alot of shit for this name awhile back but Dime has always been my idol so fuck the haters. Dime and Satch are the reasons I picked up my guitar for the first time. I dig the PowerMetal era of Pantera but Cowboys is the best thing that ever happened to them...as Dime progressed...his solos progressed. Which Morgana has impressive shredding you could recommend then?

Im at work bigDave...Ill give that bastard a listen when I get back to the crizzib. This better be sweeptastic.
hey btw: who's the dude on right side of ur sig?

^ Ghost Opera was pretty good. I like Symphony X, Fairyland, Pagan's Mind, and some Lefay. Iced Earth is shit and Nevermore is hardly power metal at all.

Also, Allen/Lande albums are good progressive power metal.