PP USA IX: Replacement Band Announced

"The Burden" screams Primal Fear \m/

They play that song and the place is going to be throwing fists.

never heard of 'em, didn't check 'em out the first time they were posted but I tell ya what, I freakin' LOVE this song... the singer is bloody amazing... TOTALLY looking forward to seeing them live!!!!

... yes I will be buying their stuff before ProgPower!!

3 great things to say: Great guitar tone, satisfying and meaty drum mix particularly a non-annoying snare, and really awesome vocals! Wow! :headbang: I'll quite enjoy this band :Smokedev:

Awesome. So far, the two replacement bands have been superior to the originally chosen bands, IMO.

Rob Rock better than Astral Doors? You must be crazy. Not to take anything away from Rob Rock. But Astral Doors is one of the best trad metal bands out there.

Rob Rock better than Astral Doors? You must be crazy. Not to take anything away from Rob Rock. But Astral Doors is one of the best trad metal bands out there.
AD IS a good band, and I'll miss them at PPUSA(maybe they can be at X), but I'd still much rather see Rob Rock if given the chance.

Here's a full lit of what other bands the guys in Saint Deamon have (and still are in some cases) played with:

Jan-Thore Grefsatd - Vocals
Highland Glory-From The Cradle To The Brave (2003) Highland Glory-Forever Endeavour (2005)
Wild Willys Gang-Camouflage (2005)
Saint Deamon-In Shadows Lost From The Brave (2008)

Nobby Noberg-Bass
Nation-Chased By Time (1994)
Nation-Without Remorse (1996)
Dionysus-Sign Of Truth (2002)
ChrisCatena-Freak Out (2003)
Dionysus-Anima Mundi (2004)
Dionysus-Fairytales and Reality (2006)
Mikeyla & The Metal Forces-Glorius (2006)

Toya Johansson-Guitars
Sinner-Mask Of Sanity (2007)
Ride The Sky-New Protection (2007)

Ronny Milianowicz-Drums
Hammerfall-Legacy Of Kings (1998)
Sinergy-Beware The Heavens (1999)
Dionysus-Sign Of Truth (2002)
Dionysus-Anima Mundi (2004)
Cans-Beyond The Gates (2004)
Primal Fear-Seven Seals (2005)
Dionysus-Fairytales and Reality (2006)
Mikeyla & The Metal Forces-Glorius (2006)
Sinner-Mask Of Sanity (2007)
Primal Fear-New Religion (2007)
Ride The Sky-New Protection (2007)

Since their lead singer came from Highland Glory, and their drummer and bass player came from Dionysus, I'd classify them as power metal all the way. Pure, upbeat, melodic European power metal.

Well, the one song Glenn posted is not power but melodic metal. The fact that they're signed on Frontiers should tell you it's leaning towards the melodic/AOR side of the metal equation.

Of course, I haven't heard the whole thing though.

Steve

np; Ice Age (not the band, the movie... for the kids. ;) )

Wow, I haven't heard of this band...

However, I love Dionysus - and the fact to see 2 members in this band (And Ronny was the main songwriter) along with the singer (who I knew from HG)

I'm definitely checking this

Well, the one song Glenn posted is not power but melodic metal. The fact that they're signed on Frontiers should tell you it's leaning towards the melodic/AOR side of the metal equation.

Of course, I haven't heard the whole thing though.

Steve

np; Ice Age (not the band, the movie... for the kids. ;) )

Agreed, and I 've listened to the entire album. Once again we have the misuse of the term "Power Metal." ;) Regardless of what bands they may have played with before this is Melodic Metal/Hard Rock. Not bad, but Serenity is better.