PP USA IX: Replacement Band Announced

I'm personally surprised Sweden has another metal band left to offer. I think they must have a "metal band vocational" class in high school or something. Not complaining, but per capita, it's ridiculous. Hopefully they're good, but it's always possible I'll miss them if they go on first and I'm still out on the golf course or something :)

Kevin

Gotta pick their cd up, no matter who Glenn got I don't think I would of been happier than when Serenity was in the line-up. Serenity's last cd was one of my more favorites in awhile. Hopefully they can play here in the future.

Agreed, and I 've listened to the entire album. Once again we have the misuse of the term "Power Metal." ;) Regardless of what bands they may have played with before this is Melodic Metal/Hard Rock. Not bad, but Serenity is better.

They are AOR/Hair/Trad Metal

Depends on the song.

I guess we can call it Mutt-metal.

Rob Rock better than Astral Doors? You must be crazy. Not to take anything away from Rob Rock. But Astral Doors is one of the best trad metal bands out there.

Astral Doors doesn't excite me much, but then Dio doesn't either. Guess I'm more into power metal than traditional metal, and Rob Rock has been trending more towards power metal lately.

Freakin' sweet! I picked this CD up after the first thread and I'm loving it! I'm sorry to see Serenity leave, but this is an awesome replacement (IMO)!

I've never heard of these guys... but I'll give them a shot. The video track seems interesting if a little done. However, that's not the kind of song you fill an album with and get signed. I'm interested to hear what the rest of their material sounds like.

Though it's sad to see Serenity cancel their appearance, Saint Daemon should make for a great replacement. I'm digging on their tunes quite a bit. As for the information on the members' involvement in other bands, I don't recall the drummer ever being in Hammerfall, Cans, or Primal Fear, particularly on the albums listed. Where did this information come from?

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

Wow go away from the board for the St. Pat's bender weekend and look what I miss... :)

I was digging the Serenity CD and looking forward to their appearance, but this track has promise... will check out the other songs on the website. I definitely like the singer's voice.

I'm starting to think it might be wise to wait until Spring/Summer after the roster announcement before buying all the CD's... these changes are getting expensive! :lol:

No replacement band can possibly have the impact that Serenity had on me. Their album was one of the best of last year.
This Saint Daemon song is ok and by far the best on the album. I saw some posts on this thread that there are prog tendencies on this album. I don't hear them. I pray Serenity can come play pp in the future.

I just got my Frontiers Records CD "Rock The Bones Vol. 6 in and the song on it "MY HEART" by Saint Deamon KICKS ASS. It's very good melodic hard rock, nothing power or prog about it, just up my alley. But i wonder how the progpower crowd will react to it? Me i would love it.