PP USA XV: Disperse Out/Thought Chamber in

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
It is with deep regret that I must announce that Disperse will not be appearing at ProgPower USA XV. Despite having reached an agreement with their ex-manager in June, a sudden chain of events during this past week left me in a very awkward and difficult position. As a result, I have chosen to remove the band from the roster prior to tickets going on sale October 1st.

I value roster stability and take pride in my selections. This is a very unfortunate situation for both the band and myself and I did not make this decision lightly. I will not discuss the situation further and wish the band the best of luck in the future.

When one door closes, another opens....

I would like to welcome U.S. progressive metallers, Thought Chamber, to the roster to open the show on the Friday. Alongside guitarist & composer Michael Harris as well as vocalist Ted Leonard (Spock's Beard, Enchant), the band's ranks of skilled players also feature Bill Jenkins (Enchant) on keyboards, Jeff Plant on bass, and Mike Haid on drums.

Their sophomore album, "Psykerion," is available now in Europe and on October 1st in North America via Inside Out Music. The new album will feature 60+ minutes of progressive metal that the label states will appeal to fans of Dream Theater, Yes, Rush, or Planet X.

The new track, "Transcend," can be heard at the following link:

The roster announcement video will be adjusted in the coming days as time permits.

cheers,

Glenn

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a shame - I enjoyed what I had heard from them. I hope they do well in the future.

Thought Chamber, I'm much more familiar with.. definitely more accessible prog than Disperse was.

I was kinda excited for Disperse. From what I saw Facebook Disperse seem to have a much bigger following than Thought Chamber. Maybe this will help boost Thought Chamber a bit.

Glenn weren't you wearing a Disperse shirt on Saturday morning?

While it's unfortunate that a lineup change was necessary, Thought Chamber is an excellent replacement and I'm glad you were able to fill that slot so quickly. :headbang:

I was looking forward to seeing how Disperse would translate live, especially their earlier material. I will, however, definitely go for Thought Chamber, and now is the perfect time to book them.

Correct. [I was wearing a Disperse shirt Saturday morning.] I did not make this decision lightly.

I can concur. He was wearing it in the Loft for Wolverine. I didn't know the shirts even existed, but he told me Disperse just made them recently.

Indeed unfortunate that a change had to be made but Thought Chamber is excellent, been following Michael Harris' solo and band projects for years, great player and looking very forward to their appearance next year...

Just heard the clip for my first exposute to Thought(not Coal)Chamber

Uhh

Wow...

Sad that disperse is not coming over...but TC sounds pretty amazing to my ears..looks like another trip to Itunes is happening

Damn! I was so pumped about Disperse. I love the hell out of Thought Chamber, so that mitigates the sting some. But still major sadfaces from this guy.

Wow I was digging DispersE so far - bummer as I was looking forward to seeing them live.

Thought Chamber????!
HELL YEAH!!

Sucks that you had to deal with this. But man, Thought Chamber's debut is one of my favorite prog metal albums of all time, so I'm really excited about them as a replacement!