PPS Metal: power/prog/symphonic new music service

SeaStorm

Jun 24, 2004
Minnesota, USA
Hey all, I think a fair number of people here would dig this little Facebook/Twitter page I have going. It's dedicated to showcasing NEW power, prog, and symphonic metal music. I have joined many of the existing FB pages in my quest to keep finding new music, but all of them left me wanting for one reason or another, so I created my own. If you are interested, please Like/follow me at:

http://www.facebook.com/PPSMetal

http://www.twitter.com/PPSMetal

Here's the little manifesto I wrote to explain what I'm shooting for - basically each bullet point counters something that annoyed me about most of the existing pages:

----------------

What you will see posted here:

* MUSIC ONLY! No tour dates, news, or press releases. This is about finding new music. Those other things are more than covered elsewhere.

* LIMITED POSTINGS per day, so that you aren't overwhelmed with junk.

* Links to OFFICIAL VIDEOS whenever possible, so that you aren't left looking at a broken link (or screwed up personal playlist in YouTube) because someone posted an unofficial video which was later taken down by the band/label.

* ESTABLISHED ACTS. Many local bands are awesome, but I'm mostly focusing on established - typically signed - national and international acts.

* NEW MUSIC only! Many feeds post old videos. I will focus on music from the current and previous calendar year. This is about finding NEW music. I will make exceptions for bands that are giving wide release to older songs that had limited reach at the time of release (e.g. a Japanese promo track that has now been made available everywhere - it's new to most of us if we couldn't get it on the album).

* JUST NEW MUSIC. Only I can post to the page, so you won't have random people promoting random other things (any public posts made to my Wall go to a hidden Wall where you won't have to see them in your feed, but I will review them and post the worthwhile ones – please post suggestions).

* ADEQUATE INFO about the music/artist so you can decide if you want to listen. That means my posts will fully-inform you as to the band/song/album/label/year/genre/country as well as type of link (full band video vs. song only vs. lyrics video). So, say you like power and prog, but not symphonic: no problem! You’ll always know which ones are symphonic so you know to skip them.

----------------

I hope that some of you will join me there and that you enjoy the service!

Thanks for listening!