PPUSA interview from 2009

penning undeniably catchy melody lines and hooky choruses, an ability which is sadly undervalued within metal

Is it? Not within the power metal community that's for sure!

"power metal’s proclivity toward escapism, setting fantasy and science fiction themes against the backdrop of the real world and treating romanticism and imagination as a last refuge against the conflicts and alienation of modernity"

That's a great quote, I'm using that one in the future!

I would certainly agree that a large slice of why the PQ split cuts so deep is that BA really felt like the springboard into the stratosphere for the band which was desperately deserved. After all the uncertainty and lineup changes, BA felt like the embodiment of many of its track's themes - manning the Battle Stations, Rising Anew, moving on to Better Days and Surviving because there's a Blood Alliance among us all. To have that urgency and energy stop dead in their tracks...to pull the plug on such a sensational new lineup...to cut short Steve's fresh new approach to PQ 3.0... urgh genuine shame :(

Thanks for the article. Good read.

That is definitely a good quote re: power metal and escapism. And I totally agree with Dom, I thought Blood Alliance was going to send a shockwave through the power metal world and really get PQ going. A large portion of fans and critics alike agreed that BA is the most solid album PQ has released, if not tied with MND. :(

Good read. Makes more me sad about the split up though:(. Had no idea you wanted to make a career in sports as young Steve, lol.