PPXV - Lunch?

I think he got DaVinci's confused with Vespucci. He is right, Sausalito West Coast Grill is tasty. The owner is actually Chilean so he preps it that way but serves it like Mexican food. Good stuff.

His signature blackberry habanero dressing is so good that I would eat cardboard if it was slathered in the stuff. I even went so far as to try to mimic it at home.

Sausalito's is seriously one of the best places I've ever eaten. It is THAT good.

I was recommended to apparently a good Cajun food place around the venue by a few people on here. Not sure I'll go there though. I get enough cajun food here in New Orleans.

I'm guessing it's Front Page News.

If you aren't looking for a fine dining experience, and truly just want to pick-up a bite to eat and get back to the venue as soon as possible, I recommend the gem not many folks know about, Club Market & Cafe

~ Jen

I will 3rd Sausalitos. I cant remember what I had there last time but it was amazing...
Vespuccis right next door is also super great for a quick scarf down delicious meal.

His signature blackberry habanero dressing is so good that I would eat cardboard if it was slathered in the stuff. I even went so far as to try to mimic it at home.

Sausalito's is seriously one of the best places I've ever eaten. It is THAT good.

WHAT:yow:

Haven't tried that but it sounds like heaven in liquid form. Will ask for it when I go.

I don't think it was as big last year as it is now, but if any of you are tired of eating at the restaurants in the immediate vicinity of Center Stage, Uber and Lyft are both insanely cheap and easy ways to get around Atlanta. There are always first-time rider promo codes, and if you split fares with 2 or 3 other people you can add a whole bunch of really good restaurants to your options for $3-4 round trip per person.

Or if you want to save a few $$$ so that you can buy more CDs from the vendor room, there are a couple of Publix stores within a reasonable walk. :)

I don't think it was as big last year as it is now, but if any of you are tired of eating at the restaurants in the immediate vicinity of Center Stage, Uber and Lyft are both insanely cheap and easy ways to get around Atlanta. There are always first-time rider promo codes, and if you split fares with 2 or 3 other people you can add a whole bunch of really good restaurants to your options for $3-4 round trip per person.

I've never heard of Uber or Lyft, thank you for sharing. A quick google search showed it's pretty popular in ATL. Please forgive my ignorance, but is it just anyone with a car that wants to earn extra cash? Or are they "vetted" somewhat and drive marked cars? As a female, safety issues are a concern (although I realize I'm probably no safer in a cab with a complete stranger driving either).

~ Jen

I've never heard of Uber or Lyft, thank you for sharing. A quick google search showed it's pretty popular in ATL. Please forgive my ignorance, but is it just anyone with a car that wants to earn extra cash? Or are they "vetted" somewhat and drive marked cars? As a female, safety issues are a concern (although I realize I'm probably no safer in a cab with a complete stranger driving either).

Jen,

They're the real deal, and the traditional taxi business does not like it one bit because they're cheaper.

Here are some details via Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyft

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uber_(company)

Thank you, Dave. I'd like to do a post on the PPUSA facebook page about Uber & Lyft, as so many folks in the past have complained about how slow Atlanta Checker Cab can be, so if anyone else can "dumb it down" even more for me to ensure I fully understand, I'd really appreciate it.

~Jen

Thank you, Dave. I'd like to do a post on the PPUSA facebook page about Uber & Lyft, as so many folks in the past have complained about how slow Atlanta Checker Cab can be, so if anyone else can "dumb it down" even more for me to ensure I fully understand, I'd really appreciate it.

~Jen

As far as I know both services do extensive background checks on their drivers and have a rating system in place for drivers and riders. I've never used either so I can't really say anything about their speed, though.

As far as I know both services do extensive background checks on their drivers and have a rating system in place for drivers and riders. I've never used either so I can't really say anything about their speed, though.

That's what I've read/heard about them as well. You install an app on your smart phone and you use that to schedule/coordinate a ride. I haven't used them either.

As far as I know both services do extensive background checks on their drivers and have a rating system in place for drivers and riders.

Okay, that's good to know, thanks. I wasn't sure if it was just anyone that happened to be in the area that wanted to offer a ride and earn cash.

I'm guessing they don't drive yellow cabs. :) Are their cars marked in any way? With a light on top of the roof? Or a sticker on the door?

~ Jen

Okay, that's good to know, thanks. I wasn't sure if it was just anyone that happened to be in the area that wanted to offer a ride and earn cash.

I'm guessing they don't drive yellow cabs. :) Are their cars marked in any way? With a light on top of the roof? Or a sticker on the door?

~ Jen

Not sure about Uber but I know Lyft drivers have Pink Mustaches on their grille.

Lyft-Car-red.jpg

~Jen

I've used Uber a bunch of times and Lyft only a few times. The service is comparable and both are great. I just generally choose Uber out of habit.

Service times will vary based on where you are and time of day, but for midtown, I doubt there will be any problems at any time of day/night. It took literally two minutes for a driver to pick me up from my place in Midtown, and the ride to the Tabernacle cost a little under $7. The wait for the ride back was a little longer, but still under 10 minutes, and this was while Lady Gaga was playing a private Microsoft event just feet away in Centennial Park. So, traffic was kinda bad.

Both services require extensive background checks and provide you with the driver's name, a picture of him/her, car type and licence plate in advance. Both also require driver's to keep a really high rating. I don't remember the cutoff for Uber, but I think if it dips below 4.7/5, you get suspended or terminated. Lyft has the big pink mustaches, and I believe Uber cars have a sticker on the dash.

The one downside to Uber, and I don't know if Lyft does the same thing, is that during really busy times, they charge more. For example, I got a ride back from a music festival in Atlantic Station back in May, and there was a 2.5x fare multiplier on the ride. However, they let you know in advance about this, and ask you to confirm that you'd still like to request the car. It was still cheaper than a traditional taxi.