Official Saturday afternoon lunch at Front Page News?

Michael TEOF

Master Whorebot
Mar 4, 2002
Schaumburg, IL
www.myspace.com
Hi guys,

We did a Power Fest lunch at Leona's which was pretty succesful, so I thought I'd extend the same idea for Prog Power. There's an amazing restaurant called Front Page News that I look forward to eating at every year. It's outdoors and just a laid back environment with high quality food (sea food, burgers, pastas, anything you want) and high quality beers. This place is seriously killer and I'd like to host a more open party at this place, possibly for a Saturday afternoon luncheon. If Friday works better for everyone, that's cool too.

I'd prefer doing a barbeque by the pool at one of the hotels, but that isn't possible anymore (unless, someone has an idea I don't know about). Front Page News is perfect for hosting a little party. Outdoors, great food, great beer... you really can't go wrong.

Let me know your thoughts or if you're interested (and plan on bringing a friend(s)). I'll count the number of people that are planning on coming and reserve something.

The Michael

Great place.......See the other where to eat thread. I try to eat at least once there over the course of the PP weekend. They also were kind enough to host a rather large TEoF (Sy-X mailing list) luncheon when Houlihans completely screwed us. I THINK it's on Crescent Street, up the hill on 14th? Easily walking distance from the main hotels. I'll vouch for their burgers & Newcastle PINT bottles! :) :headbang: I won't know what we're up to Saturday until I get there, but I MIGHT be in for 2......

J-Dubya

Michael TEOF said:
Hi guys,

We did a Power Fest lunch at Leona's which was pretty succesful, so I thought I'd extend the same idea for Prog Power. There's an amazing restaurant called Front Page News that I look forward to eating at every year. It's outdoors and just a laid back environment with high quality food (sea food, burgers, pastas, anything you want) and high quality beers. This place is seriously killer and I'd like to host a more open party at this place, possibly for a Saturday afternoon luncheon. If Friday works better for everyone, that's cool too.

I'd prefer doing a barbeque by the pool at one of the hotels, but that isn't possible anymore (unless, someone has an idea I don't know about). Front Page News is perfect for hosting a little party. Outdoors, great food, great beer... you really can't go wrong.

Let me know your thoughts or if you're interested (and plan on bringing a friend(s)). I'll count the number of people that are planning on coming and reserve something.

The Michael

Great place to eat and 15 minutes away from where we live, but James and I (mainly myself) have a hard time committing to anything during PP. Never know how we're going to feel the next day until the last minute. We'll have to play it by ear. Sounds like it would be fun, though. If we don't make it, y'all have a great time!! :kickass:

rrhoadsfan1 said:
I would get with Jax, Micheal, Make sure of her plans for a TEoF Lunch, which usually is held on Saturday..Barring that.. I'm Game for Luch, and yes that place does rock.. Great food... :)

Not official yet, but I *THINK* we're doing the TEoF lunch at Houlihan's again this year. Soon as I hear from her, or if she sees this, I'll report back....

J-Dubya

Dell Vecc said:
Which one are you going to? There's one in Midtown and the other is at Little 5 Points?

Joe, I'm pretty sure it's the one on Crescent Street right off 14th Street across from Colony Square in Midtown. That's the one they've been talking about anyway, unless I'm mistaken.....:) Guess we do need someone to clarify that one for sure....

The Houlihans they're talking about is at Colony Square: 14th and Peachtree

If this is a go.. the TEoF thing.. We should do the powerfest thing on Friday.. Just my thoughts.. Are you READY Jdub?? Friggen Freak Kitchen Brother... :)

J-Dubya 777 said:
Not official yet, but I *THINK* we're doing the TEoF lunch at Houlihan's again this year. Soon as I hear from her, or if she sees this, I'll report back....

J-Dubya

Kathy said:
Joe, I'm pretty sure it's the one on Crescent Street right off 14th Street across from Colony Square in Midtown. That's the one they've been talking about anyway, unless I'm mistaken.....:) Guess we do need someone to clarify that one for sure....

That's the one. Michael and I have been there the last two years for lunch.:cool:

Count me in for either day. Are the restaurants that have been mentioned within walking distance...or on the MARTA route?

rrhoadsfan1 said:
If this is a go.. the TEoF thing.. We should do the powerfest thing on Friday.. Just my thoughts.. Are you READY Jdub?? Friggen Freak Kitchen Brother... :)

That probably works out best, yeah.....Of course I'm ready..... ;)
Been ready for 5 years! :heh:

J-Dubya

Kathy said:

Yes......14th & Crescent.......I think I saw that on another post somewhere here... :Smug:

:saint:

J-Dubya

Hi JW and everyone,
I'll be there...Just tell me where, and time. I still don't know my way around Atlanta that well, anyway. I'll be on time this year, too!

Counting the days...
Deb

Front Page News rules! I only had occasion to eat there once, and that was for TEOF crisis lunch - but, the food there was fabulous.

I prefer it over Houlihan's even though it's a bit of a walk - beautiful place.

So I'd love to attend lunch there if it's on a Friday or is there anyway we could combine the two TEOF lunch with that????? I'll have to see what Jaxita would prefer.

I figure there'd be quite a few of us "cross-overs" from both camps.

We ate at this place last year and it was very good! The outdoor courtyard was nice and they make a killer Bloody Mary to top it off. It really hit the spot when I was recovering from Friday night.:zombie: