Traditional Friday lunch at Front Page News

I'll try to make it as well - it *was* fun last year, and a good opportunity to meet a bunch of cool PP folks! However, if I come it will be late as I will not miss the guitar clinic for anything!

Hi - we were there last year but I think we got there early and were already sitting at a small table starting on our hangover cure when you all showed up. We will be going to the Freak Guitar clinc for sure - but may try to migrate taht way afterwards - might as well eat something before the Friday shows. I have a feeling that there may be a small invasion after the clinics - so tell the folks at Front Page news to be prepared :) They may think it is over after the lunch rush - but its only just begun :)

Jeff

Hi - we were there last year but I think we got there early and were already sitting at a small table starting on our hangover cure when you all showed up. Jeff

Were you the ones last year that had to keep directing everyone to the patio?

:lol:

If y'all are still taking guests for the lunch, count me in. This is my second year at PP, but I want to "expand my horizons" and meet some new faces ths time around.

Here are your options.

1.) Get a Taxi; ask him to take you to a restaurant called Front Page News on Crescent Ave. If he doesn't know where that is, tell him you don't know and to find out (it's his job to know where the top restaurants in Atlanta are, not yours).

2.) If you're...

(a) a filthy hippy overcome by guilt from the minimal CO2 emmitted from your cab ride as if its anywhere near the ammount from the plane you rode to Atlanta on... or ...
(b) a penny wise/dollar foolish whorebot who can't justify one 5-10 dollar cab ride on a trip that already is costing him perhaps hundreds of dollars....

then write down the address and Google Earth . If you don't have, GE download it immediately. You should easily find it with GE. Happy walking.

Front Page News
1104 Crescent Ave NE
ATL, GA 30309

Honestly, I don't think finding this place will be so hard :) Especially with option 1.

The Michael

I've walked it many times it's not very far at all....:loco:

All Hail The Front Page News Whorebots!!!!:worship:

The More Whorebots The More the Whorebottery!!!:kickass:

You Might Be A Whorebot.... If you wake up face down with a vodka bottle in your hand, in the bushes, in front of the Granada, with your pants around your ankles...:lol:

Okay guys. I edited the top of the post to reflect the following:

Reservations are for 2pm on Friday (10/5) at Front Page News. This gives everyone plenty of time to sleep in, go to the clinic, or tour the city before lunch. Feel free to stroll in as late you want.

Front Page News Restaurant & Patio Bar
1104 Crescent Ave NE
ATL, GA 30309
(404) 897-3500

I'll probably arrive early around 1pm or so and have some drinks. Look for the guy with the long hair. :)

Peace,
Michael

Okay guys. I edited the top of the post to reflect the following:

Reservations are for 2pm on Friday (10/5) at Front Page News. This gives everyone plenty of time to sleep in, go to the clinic, or tour the city before lunch. Feel free to stroll in as late you want.

Don't forget, though, that (1) the bands start at 4:00 this year, (2) it takes a little extra time to serve such a large group, and (3) it's a bit of a hike to get back to the venue.

Were you the ones last year that had to keep directing everyone to the patio?

:lol:

That was me and Jim (from Maryland, not a forumite). As I recall they had a beer either named after or reminded me of Jimi Hendrix, either Purple Haze or Voodoo Chile or something. I plan to have a refresher course after the jam sessions with guitar & drum geeks :)
This time hopefully we can join in on the patio fun :)

Jeff

Don't forget, though, that (1) the bands start at 4:00 this year, (2) it takes a little extra time to serve such a large group, and (3) it's a bit of a hike to get back to the venue.

I personally don't care if I miss Raintime, but I'm going to try and arrange our hotel shuttle to transport us from the restaurant to the venue. This way, 3:15-3:30pm rolls around, and the shuttle will be ready for us. I'll be there around 1:30pm or so and would encourage people to come early if they're worried about catching Rain Time.

Front Page News can serve 25 people within 2 hours with a week advanced notice. They're solid. I wouldn't worry. I told them to expect mad whorebottery and they are preparing for it as we speak :headbang: