Traditional Friday lunch at Front Page News

Michael TEOF

Master Whorebot
Mar 4, 2002
Schaumburg, IL
www.myspace.com
*******EDIT*************

Reservation booked for Friday October 5 at 2pm. Tell them you're there for Prog Power. Look forward to seeing you all. The invitation is open. I'm sure people who said they were coming will not make it, and extra who are just reading this will decide to join us. I'm expecting about 25 of you. The more the merrier.

Front Page News Patio Bar and Grille
1104 Crescent Ave NE
ATL, GA 30309
(404) 897-3500

Last year, we had about 20 people come. Within the next two weeks, I'll be booking our spot again and am inviting anyone that wants to attend.

It'll be at 1pm on Friday Oct. 5 at Front Page News on 1104 Crescent Ave NE. Its an outdoor patio bar with a great selection of drinks and beers and Cajun inspired menu.

Reply to this thread if you think you'll be coming so I can give a head count for the manager. Its gonna be tight y'all...

Peace,
Michael

Just remember that Gold Badge holders/VIPS will have access to a Macaluso drum clinic and then a Freak Guitar Clinic on Friday afternoon starting at noon.

I'd be interested in lunch at Front Page News. I was bummed that I didn't get to that restaurant last year (can't remember if we went to the aquarium or if it was the SX luncheon that was at the same time).

The menu at FPN is absolutely steller. I'll check with my crew and see if they'd like to come.

Just remember that Gold Badge holders/VIPS will have access to a Macaluso drum clinic and then a Freak Guitar Clinic on Friday afternoon starting at noon.

So, go to the drum and guitar clinics, and afterwards, John and Mattias and everyone can stop by Front Page News for a few beers. There's no rule against stopping by around 2 or 3pm :)

Don't worry Glenn, only 2% of Prog Power attendees comes to this anyway :lol:.

The Michael

Loved the food AND the company last year - I'm definitely in!

For the newbies, this is a great opportunity to meet fellow forum members. It's within walking distance of the venue, although I need to get my map out and try and remember exactly where it is...

For the newbies, this is a great opportunity to meet fellow forum members. It's within walking distance of the venue, although I need to get my map out and try and remember exactly where it is...

I believe it's 14th street, go up(hill) to Crescent. and follow Crescent until
you walk right up to the place, about 2 blocks down (IIRC) I can't commit to this just yet, we'll probably just "show up".

I may follow the advice since I'm a n00b in PP -in the forum too-, of course if you allow us to, make it 2 dude.

Add Me +2, i missed last year due to setting up the Nightmare Vendor booth, but this year we are doing it Thursday.

Last year, we had about 20 people come. Within the next two weeks, I'll be booking our spot again and am inviting anyone that wants to attend.

It'll be at 1pm on Friday Oct. 5 at Front Page News on 1104 Crescent Ave NE. Its an outdoor patio bar with a great selection of drinks and beers and Cajun inspired menu.

Reply to this thread if you think you'll be coming so I can give a head count for the manager. Its gonna be tight y'all...

Peace,
Michael
How do you get there from Center Stage? If it's an easy walk away, there may be 2 more of us there for lunch.

I missed it last year because I am a dumbass and couldn't find the place. This year, I will be at the drum and guitar clinic, but if there is an opportunity to stop by afterward, I certainly will.

Here are your options.

1.) Get a Taxi; ask him to take you to a restaurant called Front Page News on Crescent Ave. If he doesn't know where that is, tell him you don't know and to find out (it's his job to know where the top restaurants in Atlanta are, not yours).

2.) If you're...

(a) a filthy hippy overcome by guilt from the minimal CO2 emmitted from your cab ride as if its anywhere near the ammount from the plane you rode to Atlanta on... or ...
(b) a penny wise/dollar foolish whorebot who can't justify one 5-10 dollar cab ride on a trip that already is costing him perhaps hundreds of dollars....

then write down the address and Google Earth . If you don't have, GE download it immediately. You should easily find it with GE. Happy walking.

Front Page News
1104 Crescent Ave NE
ATL, GA 30309

Honestly, I don't think finding this place will be so hard :) Especially with option 1.

The Michael