Official Saturday afternoon lunch at Front Page News?

I have no problem with Friday... I just assumed a lot of people would be coming down Friday afternoon and might miss out.

But if enough people are cool with Friday, I'll change it to that. I think arrival between 1:30-2:00pm would be perfect. This gives people enough time to sleep in and also enough time to get ready for the show.

As far as which Front Page News... I don't know. My buddy Brett will have to confirm. I just know that this one has a big courtyard with trees, and big tables we can sit at with great food and drink. In my opinion, it doesn't get any better than Front Page News... and why the Seismic bots are picking Houlihans over a beautiful outdoor venue with superior food, drink, and space is beyond me...

The Michael

The Front Page News in Midtown, Crescent and 14th, on a Friday afternoon will be slammed with suits and ties during lunch. I can just see a sea of black T-shirts, long hair, and metal garb coming in.... :headbang:

Michael TEOF said:
and why the Seismic bots are picking Houlihans over a beautiful outdoor venue with superior food, drink, and space is beyond me...

The Michael

We've always had our luncheons at Houlihan's because we like the place. And they've always been accommodating, even when we inadvertently showed up with 55 people instead of the original 30 I had made reservations for.

~C

Michael TEOF said:
I have no problem with Friday... I just assumed a lot of people would be coming down Friday afternoon and might miss out.

But if enough people are cool with Friday, I'll change it to that. I think arrival between 1:30-2:00pm would be perfect. This gives people enough time to sleep in and also enough time to get ready for the show.

As far as which Front Page News... I don't know. My buddy Brett will have to confirm. I just know that this one has a big courtyard with trees, and big tables we can sit at with great food and drink. In my opinion, it doesn't get any better than Front Page News... and why the Seismic bots are picking Houlihans over a beautiful outdoor venue with superior food, drink, and space is beyond me...

The Michael

Yo Nuggles, I'm pretty sure it's the one on Crescent near 14th. :kickass:

Stardust2112 said:
We've always had our luncheons at Houlihan's because we like the place. And they've always been accommodating, even when we inadvertently showed up with 55 people instead of the original 30 I had made reservations for.

~C
I up for that. We've had great lunches there before. Friday for the other lunch at Front Page sounds good too. Just gotta figure out how to get there.

SharkBlack said:
So Michael, What's it looking like Friday at 1:30 - 2:00 at the Front Page News on Crescent? Attack The Patio!! FPN Rules!!

This sounds great. I'll respost an official invite in about one week or so. In that post, I'll request how many people for sure are attending. This way I can make a reservation.

AMBR said:
I up for that. We've had great lunches there before. Friday for the other lunch at Front Page sounds good too. Just gotta figure out how to get there.

Piece of Cake:kickass:
overviewmap

AMBR said:

When the weather is nice, it's not that bad of a walk. Don't know what hotel you are at, but usually a hotel shuttle can drop you in the area of where it's located.

BABS (whose looking forward to the Granada shuttle and her little step stool - ha ha).

Kathy said:
The Front Page News in Midtown, Crescent and 14th, on a Friday afternoon will be slammed with suits and ties during lunch

Sweet! You know deep down those people wish they could be as "free" as us. Poor corporate slaves...

BABS said:
When the weather is nice, it's not that bad of a walk. Don't know what hotel you are at, but usually a hotel shuttle can drop you in the area of where it's located.

BABS (whose looking forward to the Granada shuttle and her little step stool - ha ha).

The Granada! Can I borrow your stool?

What's with all the ladies wanting to come out now? I was expecting to be hosting a sausage festival :lol: Better watch out... this is the first Prog Power since III that I'm coming as a single guy. I'm bringing my friend Allison who is also single though. It's her first Prog Power and she's very excited.

So yeah, Friday 1:30pm-2pm is fine. I'll make an official post and invitation in another week. I'll use the responses to that post to get a head count for reservations.... not that we'd need them... but may as well have a nice grouping of tables ready!

The Michael