Pro Mixing Board-An Emulation of 4 Classic Mixing Boards

Tarp.gif

Well I for one will be glad to look into your software (demo?) when It's released.
I'd like to see some new competitors to stir things up :)
And I'm actually not chocked by the reactions this forum produced, sadly.

Hmm. You guys are going off at him for praising his product and not giving any samples or demos, and at the same time you bash the product without hearing any samples or demos? Anyone else see the irony here? :lol:

I'm gonna give it a spin when it's out and decide if it's worth the money after that. I'm a bit sceptical, but interested for sure.

gonna be toughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh to beat VCC.

as a beta tester, i have to say, even in it's lastest beta form (released some time ago, 2.5) that VCC SLAYS. For real. Everything starts geling and congealing together SUPER fast with VCC. It's almost like a VERY dynamic EQ and compression + saturation in one plug BUT SUPER tasteful. IDK if there is ANY processing like that going on at all inside VCC, so don't take my word for it. BUT, that's kind of what i'm hearing. it really is quite hard to explain!

i'm strapping it across most tracks + a few mix buss instances and it sounds like nothing i've heard before...

YMMV.

The more the merrier in the plugin game as far as I'm concerned. Competition steps up everyone's game.
However, you should have thought about baseball or something because you came way too early.
This would have been a great post to make on the 26th with a link.

Am I the only one that thinks this is just a satire on the whole VCC-not-out-yet fiasco?

you're NOT ALONE my friend. i thought this exact thing the second i saw this post on GS....

And to answer another question, YES, I'VED TRIED NEBULA and some of the SSL G(?) Series console programs..... it's definitely more subtle and 'cleaner' than VCC I will say....

ALSO, it doesn't seem to mess with the audio in a 'dynamic' way like VCC does. I still think it sounds f'ing awesome, as Ermz has proven to us time and time again!

thing is, Nebula is never stable on my system. it seems to just fuck my projects up and then vanish... =D

you're NOT ALONE my friend. i thought this exact thing the second i saw this post on GS....

And to answer another question, YES, I'VED TRIED NEBULA and some of the SSL G(?) Series console programs..... it's definitely more subtle and 'cleaner' than VCC I will say....

ALSO, it doesn't seem to mess with the audio in a 'dynamic' way like VCC does. I still think it sounds f'ing awesome, as Ermz has proven to us time and time again!

thing is, Nebula is never stable on my system. it seems to just fuck my projects up and then vanish... =D

CJ try at least the EQs!! lush as fuck, best EQs ever ITB IMO. Also, it's really stable on my system the only thing is that whenever I use nebula on a project, even if it's ONE instance whenever I quit Cubase it crashes... it saves correctly and opens back correctly but it crashes... it's just annoying :l

Hmm. You guys are going off at him for praising his product and not giving any samples or demos, and at the same time you bash the product without hearing any samples or demos? Anyone else see the irony here? :lol:

I'm gonna give it a spin when it's out and decide if it's worth the money after that. I'm a bit sceptical, but interested for sure.

Thats the thing... I think more people would be a bit receptive if there was a demo, but it's a little hard to convince people to buy software that may or may not be good simply based off of some text on a forum. Unless I'm reading this totally wrong, there will be NO demo to give a spin..

Good luck. It seems this area is getting fairly congested with releases, so it will be hard to stand out... especially in an area where the differences are so subtle as console saturation is.

[UEAK]Clowd;9646689 said:
no ilok is gonna suck for you when its cracked

should implement that shit.

Yeah. Whilst you're at it, ask the local gangsters for a protection racket and one gold platinum rape for your wife.

gonna be toughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh to beat VCC.

as a beta tester, i have to say, even in it's lastest beta form (released some time ago, 2.5) that VCC SLAYS. For real. Everything starts geling and congealing together SUPER fast with VCC. It's almost like a VERY dynamic EQ and compression + saturation in one plug BUT SUPER tasteful. IDK if there is ANY processing like that going on at all inside VCC, so don't take my word for it. BUT, that's kind of what i'm hearing. it really is quite hard to explain!

i'm strapping it across most tracks + a few mix buss instances and it sounds like nothing i've heard before...

YMMV.

This.

I'll keep an eye out for these, but will be surprised if they impress me as much as VCC does.

CJ, you get your iLok 2 from Slate yet?

This.

I'll keep an eye out for these, but will be surprised if they impress me as much as VCC does.

CJ, you get your iLok 2 from Slate yet?

Nebula is way more realistic than VCC. When driven VCC does not saturate like a console at all. Thats my problem with Slate he claims that these models are exact when they aren't even close.
I'm not holding out much for this Pro Mixing Board either.

while I plan to stay far away from this thread beyond this post.. I'll say that the opposite of the above is true according to our tests. Try doing this:

Take a full range test tone.

Clip a real desk, like an SSL 4k.

Clip the VCC (must be 2.5) on any model.

Clip Nebula with AlexB emus.

Analyze the clipping behaviours. Report back the results. Might surprise you.

But beyond that, just do a listening test with the VCC verse the actual desks. We've worked pretty freaking hard in order for them to do what we claim. I applaud any company who spends the time to physically model analog desks because I can tell you first hand.. its not easy. So best wishes to Pro Mixing Board.. I hope its real and sounds great because there is plenty of room for good analog modeling in the audio industry.