Pro Tools 9 Potential Group Buy $199

[UEAK]Clowd;9494385 said:
i take it everyone is giving up on the group buy lol :(

Nothing has been said by AUB at all, you guys are spinning it up to some kind of hysteria, just be patient and see what they say,
I know they said 24 hours but give them a chance to comment at least first.

Hey sorry to beat a deadhorse here, but I have an MBox 2 but only own pro tools up to version 7.3.1 and I am having trouble registering it(I bought it used off ebay and was always to lazy to register in the past). Can I still get a crossgrade?
For the LE crossgrade all you need is the serial number from your Mbox 2

here is the update:

"Pro Tools 9 - Deal Update

The waiting list for the Pro Tools 9 deal has grown to over 450!

We promised to write to you as soon as we had news. We are working with an authorised Avid dealer to bring everyone the best possible deal, based on all variants of the new Pro Tools 9 software including upgrades, full and HD.

Sorry it's taking longer than we would like, that;s for a couple of reasons; firstly a new Academic version has been added to the range, which some of you may qualify for, secondly we are just trying to get clearance from Avid on the deal, it's post AES after the Pro Tools 9 launch so they are a busy gang.

So this is a short update to say you have not been forgotten, we just want to do deal that's fair and doesn't get us into trouble!

Thanks for your patience."

Just got this email from AUB:
Pro Tools 9 - Deal Update

The waiting list for the Pro Tools 9 deal has grown to over 450!

We promised to write to you as soon as we had news. We are working with an authorised Avid dealer to bring everyone the best possible deal, based on all variants of the new Pro Tools 9 software including upgrades, full and HD.

Sorry it's taking longer than we would like, that;s for a couple of reasons; firstly a new Academic version has been added to the range, which some of you may qualify for, secondly we are just trying to get clearance from Avid on the deal, it's post AES after the Pro Tools 9 launch so they are a busy gang.

So this is a short update to say you have not been forgotten, we just want to do deal that's fair and doesn't get us into trouble!

Thanks for your patience.

*Edit*

Doh! you must have beat me by seconds on that one :)

yeah not to be ungrateful but this deal kinda sucks, considering I think we all thought it was gonna be around $200ish.

may as well wait till sweetwater gets those mbox2 mini deals in..

not worth the waiting for this deal ... but there might be a way for us european guys.
thomann sells the mbox 2 mini (159€) and the mbox 2 (222€) which comes with pro tools le, right? so put the le to pt9 uprgade on it (249€) and you are done ... i guess ;)

edit: even take the upgrade offer from airuserblog and pay 170€ for the le to pt9 upgrade :)

Yeah, I think whoever first saw this completely misinterpreted what the air users blog meant... they probably meant $200 for the crossgrade, not the full retail vesrion, but couldn't get it that low, so it's $229. That's a lot more realistic... honestly, why would they ever sell the full version for $200 when it retails for $600? Just doesn't make sense...

Anyways, you can get the LE / m-powered crossgrades cheaper on a few other sites... especially if you work at or attend a university...

Yeah, I think whoever first saw this completely misinterpreted what the air users blog meant... they probably meant $200 for the crossgrade, not the full retail vesrion, but couldn't get it that low, so it's $229. That's a lot more realistic... honestly, why would they ever sell the full version for $200 when it retails for $600? Just doesn't make sense...

No. They actually sold PT9 for $199 in a similar deal just before this one, but it sold out in minutes.

What's the trick with edu-pricing? I am not a teacher but have very close friends of mine who are (in France). So does that mean she can buy on Studica for that good price and then I can upgrade to whatever I want or am I stuck with the originally purchased version?