Pro Tools refusing to load out of nowhere?

JayB

Oct 10, 2009
open.spotify.com
Ok, I've never had this particular problem before. Out of nowhere, Pro Tools is refusing to load. I click the pinned icon on the taskbar, it lights up for a few seconds, then nothing. Same with the desktop icon, the start menu icon, I even tried running as Admin and even did a System Restore. Anyone else ever have this problem and know of a fix? Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the replies! I was just about to reinstall, but I'll try the plugins thing first. And no, I haven't installed anything between when it worked and when it stopped working. I even tried a system restore.

If it is still not working, try holding N immediately after you open the application. I have seen that fix Pro Tools not loading before.

Yeah, LE. I'm using the MBox as my sound card at the moment so it seems to be working ok...

its possible there may still be an issue with it communicating to and allowing PT to launch although in all honesty I wouldn't know how to check for that other than doing a complete re-install of PT and seeing if it works after

I guess I have no choice but to reinstall. I tried removing a few plugins, no dice. If it was the hardware, it would still open up and show the Pro Tools loading screen, it would just stop after a few seconds and say please insert hardware.

If you are on Mac, try this. There may be a similar fix for Windows. I had a similar problem and this helped:

1. Find the Pro Tools LE icon in the Finder. On my computer it's in the "Pro Tools" folder under "Applications" > "Digidesign."

2. Right click on the icon and select "Show Package Contents."

3. Double-click "Pro Tools LE" in the "Contents" > "Mac OS" folder. Pro Tools should open.

Does pt8le require an ilok? I use pt9 and sometimes it won't recognize ilok on initialization, I take it out, put it back into the same usb port and it usually works. If it does'nt then I restart, and it'll load eventually. The ilok is a pain.

Does pt8le require an ilok? I use pt9 and sometimes it won't recognize ilok on initialization, I take it out, put it back into the same usb port and it usually works. If it does'nt then I restart, and it'll load eventually. The ilok is a pain.

No, but I do have an ilok for other programs I've bought. PTLE8 has a dongle of its own, the Mbox

Ok so I unintsalled and am in the process of trying to reinstall. However, now I'm hitting another goddamn snag, and I remember having this problem a while back. When installing from the CD on Win 7, it gets stuck at installing digidesign drivers. I remember a PT rep had told me to take all the file off the CD onto a hard drive, and I found those files and started the install from there. It seems like it's still having the same problem. I even tried running as admin. So does anyone have a suggestion on this other, fun problem? It's so nice losing a full day of work to shit like this :)