"producer's samples" selling idea

kontakt player is free

and that's all you would need.

No doesn't work that way dude. Only certain libraries are licensed to work with Kontakt Player. Any custom libraries the average joe creates needs full version of Kontakt.

All the Pettinhouse libraries like their Direct Bass, Direct Guitar, etc. all require full version of Kontakt. I loaded them into Kontakt Player and they time out after a demo period of like 10 minutes.

You would need to setup a license agreement with Native Instruments just like Slate did.

I would be interested as well, I would def buy whole kits.
And damn do we have some jealous ass Joey haters on here. Keep doing what your doing man, and I appreciate you posting here. :headbang:

No doesn't work that way dude. Only certain libraries are licensed to work with Kontakt Player. Any custom libraries the average joe creates needs full version of Kontakt.

All the Pettinhouse libraries like their Direct Bass, Direct Guitar, etc. all require full version of Kontakt. I loaded them into Kontakt Player and they time out after a demo period of like 10 minutes.

You would need to setup a license agreement with Native Instruments just like Slate did.
dang that's whack

i'll look into it, at any rate.

i wouldn't expect this to come to light over night, need lots of research to make it happen.

50 different cymbals pre-mixed ala slate for a fraction of the cost? yea i'm into that.

and the "people need to learn mic drums" argument is irrelevant here, cymbal libraries are useful for ANYONE. i spot in cymbal samples over a real overhead track all the time. AND, i don't have an elaborate cymbal collection of my own yet, and we all need to be prepared for the kid that rolls up with his collection of the entire b8 series, fresh with cracked china "because it sounds cool like that". do you know how fackin expensive cymbals are?? and joey you must get the hookups at your guitar center, around here you can't return "anything that gets hit in a percussive manner", or mics either... "anything you touch your mouth too." i used to have the plan to buy vocal mics for a session then return it two days later, they caught onto that. never thought to try drums/cymbals for sampling, though.

you have to pay a premium to get the replacement deal/return deal

its like 2 year coverage of "know matter what happens we'll have your back"... well in the same, it extends your "return if unsatisfied" option from 30 days to 60 days

plenty of time to sample them and then return the buggers

The flipside thought is when you go to buy something for yourself. You think it's new, but someone probably already took that shit home and jizzed on it, then brought it back.

The flipside thought is when you go to buy something for yourself. You think it's new, but someone probably already took that shit home and jizzed on it, then brought it back.

yea well it's not like the guitars and amps on the sales floor there haven't been wanked on all over for hours at a time...

so i have this idea, that when i switch to a new mic pre for recording my drums, that i'll sell all the old cymbal samples from all the recordings i've done (i have a truck load)

it would be packaged similair to steven slate drums, and it would be categorized by "album" / "band".

what do you think? how many buyers am i going to have
:loco:

just samples!? nah, there is so much good and free stuff out there
but a comlete SSD like pruduct would surely not be that hard to sell...but...kontakt :/

Are you saying that you sample all the cymbals of the bands you record or your just going to make a collection of the cymbal sounds of the band you recorded?

Could someone clarify this?

Sorry for sounding like an idiot! hahah

yeah i've already got all the samples ready to go
i would probably just make k3 instruments of each
and offer the wav files as well

i'll need something like slate's got going for him, to prevent pirates

pirates can be a cunt - i've seen links all over the web linking to torrents of rcabinet's IR's on a fuck load of music forums now. its such a shame

Whether people have the opportunity to record a real kit or not, drum programming is still there and most of the big programming manufacturers are lacking in good cymbal samples...

A pack comes along giving us reliable cymbal samples? Fuck yeah, sign me up for that shit.

Samples are always useful.