Production info

Has anyone got a raw sample of that JP-8000 Dual Minis sound I can nick? Lo-Mid-Hi C with sensible ADSR would be best.... virtual blowjobs on offer for speedy response...

Hey Dan,
I was just reading in the Opeth forum and many complain about the sound on "Morningrise". I'm shure you know too that it's not the best of your works...
I mean, I like the atmosphere, but overall, you know....
So wouldn't it be great that you remix it with your new learned skills and new technique??
Don't know if you still have the tapes...
or give the single tracks to me :-D

edit: By the way guys, Dan sells his 5 String Schecter axe!!
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=201867
:headbang:

so can i ask what A/D D/A you guys use?
im actually step by step upgraging my recording gears.
but until now,i still can't make a music sounds like it should be on CD.
arrrrrr:Spin:

Wow, bumping an old thread, but i LOVE the guitar sound on Crimson II. Anyone (dan, maybe?) know what guitars were used, amps, how it was recorded, etc?

The guitar was a Schecter 5 string barytone. Now in Tumn´s possession!!!
The basic sound was a Pod XT through an Aphex Valve EQ straight to disc. I am sure I gave it hell with Eq and stuff in the mix. CII was mixed in headphones and I am not so happy with the overall sound on there. I think the music is better than the production and that is the most important...

Thanks for the replies, guys, especially Dan...despite what you say, I think it sounds great man! It's one of my favorite CDs (music and production wise), and the rhythm guitar tone is pretty much what I'm looking for in my own sound. Plus the guitar solo that starts off "Aftermath" is probably one of the best things ever written. thanks for the info!

Hey Dan,
I was just reading in the Opeth forum and many complain about the sound on "Morningrise". I'm shure you know too that it's not the best of your works...
I mean, I like the atmosphere, but overall, you know....
So wouldn't it be great that you remix it with your new learned skills and new technique??
Don't know if you still have the tapes...
or give the single tracks to me :-D

edit: By the way guys, Dan sells his 5 String Schecter axe!!
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=201867
:headbang:

Its most perfect swedish sound there is ill this day IMHO. But i still havent gotten this question answerd 100% yet.

How much HM-2 is used on the album?