Prog cruise?!?

TX Metal Cowboy

Picture Boy
Sep 25, 2004
College Station, TX
Has anyone else heard anything about a prog cruise? I've heard a few rumors about a cruise in the vein of what Motley Crue did and what Queensryche is doing. If this is true (God I hope it is!!)...I'M AM SO THERE!!

I think what you're talking about are the kinda prog/power cruises that take place in Europe. Doing something like that would cost a ton of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Sure...take something that's really lame and combine it from something that's teetering on the brink of lame and see what happens.

I said this last time and I'll say it again, this is a disaster in the making.

I've heard of a prog cruise. It's where the ship keeps changing speed, and zig-zags between ports in a complex arrangement. Also, the captain usually sounds like Geddy Lee or Ray Alder.

Yeah I heard from a good source that the cruise is actually going to happen.

When I heard some of the band names they were going after I FREAKED OUT! They aren't fuckin' around......sounds like one hell of a trip that I would NOT miss.

I've heard of a prog cruise. It's where the ship keeps changing speed, and zig-zags between ports in a complex arrangement. Also, the captain usually sounds like Geddy Lee or Ray Alder.

haha

And if you trace the pattern of ports the ship stops over in, does it form the infinity symbol? Maybe the treble clef, or the Majesty logo? :)

Also the snack bar offers traditional foods and imported beers from the country of origin for the band that is currently playing.

I got confirmation earlier today...it is happening next spring...a done deal. I was told that they are still courting some of the bands, but the cruise is a sure thing.

This is going to kick serious ass!

....The ship's horn blows in off-meter time signatures, and every once in a while the captain will 'play' the Morse code for "YYZ" with it..... :heh:

--Or better yet, since Disney Cruises' ships have a (very loud) "When You Wish Upon A Star" tune-playing horn (no kidding)......our prog cruise-ship's horn could play "Tom Sawyer" or something. :)

....The ship's horn blows in off-meter time signatures, and every once in a while the captain will 'play' the Morse code for "YYZ" with it..... :heh:

--Or better yet, since Disney Cruises' ships have a (very loud) "When You Wish Upon A Star" tune-playing horn (no kidding)......our prog cruise-ship's horn could play "Tom Sawyer" or something. :)

or it could either play Nightwish's "BYE BYE BEAUTIFUL" or Symphony X "WALLS OF BAYBALON", or some other song hehehehehehe

Ok so it looks like this thing is going to be a sure thing so....

Who the hell are they going to get to play this thing? This has potential to be a monumental event!! I hope they get some HUGE names on here!!