Prog cruise?!?

I'd love to see a fest with all "dark" metal bands. I love this genre to death.

Friday:

THERION
Evergrey
Moonspell
Adagio
Eternal Tears of Sorrow

Saturday:

NEVERMORE
Amorphis
Paradise Lost
Dark Moor
Scar Symmetry

I'd love to see a fest with all "dark" metal bands. I love this genre to death.

Friday:

THERION
Evergrey
Moonspell
Adagio
Eternal Tears of Sorrow

Saturday:

NEVERMORE
Amorphis
Paradise Lost
Dark Moor
Scar Symmetry

Perhaps they could decorate the ship as a pirate ship and Avast! Ye scurvy dawgs could cruise the seven seas on All Hallows Eve....Yaaaarrrr.

That would rule.

Wow, kudos for knowing about them. At one time I used to think they were a secret shared only by two people in Atlanta: me and deejay "Willard." (He used to play them every once in a while, off-format, on 96rock.)

Crack The Sky FTW..."She's a dancer...and she sparkles and she shines..."
I have all their albums. Fucking w00t that I'm not alone in my love for those guys.

Now then.
Since "Prog Cruise" rhymes with "Prog Muse" I fully expect for someone to produce a giant replica of me, as a mermaid, and strap it to the bow of the boat.
Topless is fine.
Goddammit, I will have my moment in the sun.

If it has a pirate theme I will absolutely go ballistic.
Nothing like a proggy soundtrack to go with drinkin' rum and pillaging booty... :kickass:

EDIT:
One last thing: WHO THE FUCK IS "THEY"??
I need to know who and where and when, for Christ's sake.

Perhaps they could decorate the ship as a pirate ship and Avast! Ye scurvy dawgs could cruise the seven seas on All Hallows Eve....Yaaaarrrr.
Nothing like a proggy soundtrack to go with drinkin' rum and pillaging booty... :kickass:

Am I the only one who thinks Running Wild would go over perfectly? :cool:

Every time I post something about Crack the Sky I get responses like this. Awesome. I hear they were a very underrated band in their prime even. I haven't heard nearly all of their material, but I can definitely say "Nuclear Apathy" is never going to be topped as my fav CtS track.

Crack The Sky FTW..."She's a dancer...and she sparkles and she shines..."
I have all their albums. Fucking w00t that I'm not alone in my love for those guys.

Now then.
Since "Prog Cruise" rhymes with "Prog Muse" I fully expect for someone to produce a giant replica of me, as a mermaid, and strap it to the bow of the boat.
Topless is fine.
Goddammit, I will have my moment in the sun.

EDIT:
One last thing: WHO THE FUCK IS "THEY"??
I need to know who and where and when, for Christ's sake.

Wow, kudos for knowing about them. At one time I used to think they were a secret shared only by two people in Atlanta: me and deejay "Willard." (He used to play them every once in a while, off-format, on 96rock.)

Course, those of us who have lived in the DC/Baltimore area for a while have known Crack The Sky. I've even seen them live.

We should both go. The Laudrup vs. Larsson discussion would be interesting to say the least...

And when we are done with that, let's start the Tuborg vs. Pripps argument...
:headbang::):):)

In between... Let's listen to some metal...

hahaha, well first of all I think Henke is awesome! As for Laudrup ... that depends on which of them you're gonna point out ...

Tuborg vs Pripps is easy: Tuborg is a beer - Pripps is spiced up water.

c.

I got confirmation earlier today...it is happening next spring...a done deal. I was told that they are still courting some of the bands, but the cruise is a sure thing.
Ok so it looks like this thing is going to be a sure thing so....
Yep!! This thing is happening!!!! I am so excited! ... I heard some great bands are being scouted for the trip!!!
Finally some real confirmation!! Ok now I am super stoked!! I wonder what port it is leaving from? :confused:
Yep!! Its set in stone!!!! I am so going!!!

If this thing is completely set in stone, and people are getting "confirmation", then why isn't there any hard evidence being shown? Why hasn't anyone provided any links or sources of information? Sorry, but I'm calling shenanigans until someone offers up some hard documentation.

This is starting to sound more and more like a Tom Argo project. o_O

Knowing what he is like, and what he has done, he couldn't pull this off even if he tried. This sounds like something John Finberg might try.

Yeah, when I said "Tom Argo project", what I meant was "a hoax intended to draw attention to oneself within the prog world". ;)