Prog Metal

hi guys... been wondering about the progressive band nowadays that had epic concept for their album.. any recommendation album from you guys to listen to? thank you xoxo

hi guys... been wondering about the progressive band nowadays that had epic concept for their album.. any recommendation album from you guys to listen to? thank you xoxo

9INIZPy.jpg

It's more death metal like, but it's about good people who have a turning point that make them join the black cult.

Seventh Wonder - Mercy Falls
Mind`s Eye - A Gentleman`s Hurricane
Tomorrow`s Eve - Mirror of Creation 1&2
Tomorrow`s Eve - Tales of Serpentia
Dreyelands - Rooms of Revelation

Reactions: Monsterman
The Contortionist has changed their style quite a bit. The album Language is a masterpiece, imo. The progressive elements they teased at on prior records were finally realized. I recommend it to anyone who likes Cynic, Tesseract, or other bands like that.

Reactions: The Ozzman
I'm curious, has anyone here listened to Dream Theater's latest, The Astonishing yet? I have heard some mixed reviews and am curious to see what the consensus on here is. Also, has anyone else felt a little disappointed by their recent stuff? Their S/T was ok, but I didn't much care for A Dramatic Turn. I find myself turning away from the band as time goes on, and I used to blast Scenes from a Memory once a week at least.

My favorite progressive metal band is Queensryche. They are a great band, and their songs are coherent, well written, and not forced. I enjoy Dream Theater also, but I find that a lot of their songs are forced into being more complex than they actually need to be.

My favorite progressive metal band is Queensryche. They are a great band, and their songs are coherent, well written, and not forced. I enjoy Dream Theater also, but I find that a lot of their songs are forced into being more complex than they actually need to be.

Listen to Arch era Fates Warning.

Reactions: dorkmaster34245
Good thing that I was specifically recommending them to someone else based on a post that I even quoted and not to you guys.

Some of the newer, technical bands have been on my radar lately. The Safety Fire, Intervals, and Protest the Hero are three I've been playing a lot lately. Although I would advise that A Voice Within by Intervals be avoided, the instrumental stuff is waaaaaay better.