PROG POWER FORUM's OFFICIAL ALBUM OF THE YEAR, 2005!

01) Sieges Even - The Art Of Navigating By The Stars
02) Nevermore - This Godless Endeavor
03) Pagan's Mind - Enigmatic: Calling

If Sieges Even is not metal enough commence to Nevermore!

Kamelot- the Black Halo

Epica comes close, but heyyy I'm Dutch (-;

SUN1.JPG

SwordLord said:
Based on the number of responses to this thread, near the end of December, I will post the nominations and we will have a CLOSED BID VIA EMAIL to determine the winner!
Why wouldn't you just post a poll with the nominees? That would seem to be equally official, and 1/100th the amount of work.

Zod

Freedom Call- Circle Of life
Firewind- Forged By Fire
Falconer- Grime vs. Grandeur
Primal Fear- Seven Seals

I cant believe I totally forgot about Helloween - The Legacy. I couldnt take it out of my cd player for like a month and then I had to move to my album reviews because I was getting kind of far behind.

Okay, so far, the pre-election results are in and Kamelot: The Black Halo is in the lead.

I guess I should have been a trifle more clear -- album of the year, the word ALBUM is singular, you can't really have more than one, but I won't split hairs -- let's just not have more than 3 nominations please, holy crap my database is already huge...

Nathan

SwordLord said:
That's not a bad idea, can you vote twice on the polls? I really want people to only vote once otherwise it's pointless to do this...
Not unless you have more than one account. But then again, people could vote more than once with more than one e-mail account.

Zod

Nathan, an idea for a future poll would be to let people allocate, say, 100 points amongst whatever albums they liked during the year. If someone liked two CDs equally, then they'd allocate 50 points to each. If they thought one CD was THE best and want to support it, they could allocate all 100 points.

Then your task is simply to set up the database, add up the points and bingo. :D