ProgPower band you're most looking forward to seeing (the poll)...

ProgPower VII band you're looking forward to most...

• Evergrey

Votes: 38 19.8%
  • Jorn

Votes: 19 9.9%
  • Mercenary

Votes: 29 15.1%
  • Epica

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • Freak Kitchen

Votes: 20 10.4%
  • Thunderstone

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • Savage Circus

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Vision Divine

Votes: 16 8.3%
  • Pyramaze

Votes: 27 14.1%
  • Wastefall

Votes: 5 2.6%

• Total voters
ashaman7122 said:
Well...I'm pretty sure you guys are all fucked...

It's my prediction that Thunderstone will be the "pleasant surprise" of the festival...that coveted 3rd slot that will blow everyone away...

Just you wait...you poseurs...hehe!

Rock on!

Thunderstone will be cool to see. Will they top Freak Kitchen? I doubt it, only time will tell! :headbang:

J-Dubya

General Zod said:
A couple of things surprise me about the current results of this poll:

1. Evergrey - while I certainly expect they'll be the fan favorite at the show, I didn't expect that they'd be the band people are "most looking forward to seeing". Since most of the folks around here have probably seen Evergrey at least once, I would have thought that would hurt them in this poll. It just shows how much this forum loves them.

2. Mercenary - they don't generate a lof of chatter, even around here. And although I've gotten the sense that I was in the minority, I found their previous PP appearance (which I was very much looking forward to) lackluster.

3. Pyramaze - I'm a bit surprised they're in 3rd. Good for them. They deserve it.

4. Jorn - less than 10%? Two less votes and he'd be in 7th Place.

Zod

hahahaha, this sounds like a John Madden commentary:lol:

Jorn then Simone!

Never seen them perform, but have seen Evergrey and Mercenary before. Pyramaze will be another great act to see for the first time.

I'm a bit surprised by the Evergrey votes as well, but to each his own. This instantly became my favorite line-up ever when Jorn was added. I was contemplating not going to the show, but he addition of Jorn made it a mandatory event! JORN!

It's all about Freak Kitchen for me. I'd have to say that Jorn and Thunderstone come in a close second, and Vision Divine and Pyramaze follow. After that, it's Savage Circus. I don't care to see the other bands.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

Pyramaze - but that was actually my fourth choice behind Circus Maximus, Circle II Circle, and Leatherwolf.

At least I *think* Leatherwolf is in my top 3 -- the last time I purchased new music from them, it was on cassette. And I have their first two releases on vinyl. (Showing my age...)

I'll breathe alot easier once I have my ticket to the pre-party!

General Zod said:
Pyramaze. If you don't count Circus Maximus (pre-party), there's not even a close second.

Zod

What's up Zod-boy. ;)

For me it's Mercenary for a couple of reasons. 1) they're becoming one of my favorites bands and I'm still spinning 11 Dreams almost daily and 2) because I want to see if the still have it without Kral.

Evergrey is a very close second as I've been wanting to see them since 2002.

After that the group I'm most looking forward to seeing: The RMAQ Crew :headbang:

Later
Phil

It would be interesting to post a modified version of this poll after the fest with the title, "ProgPower bands you were most blown away by at PP7", and see how the results differ.

Jorn would be my first pick. His voice + the band he has put together is gonna kick some serious ass. A close second would be Mercenary. 11 Dreams still gives me chills when I listen to it.