Progpower Camera Policy

nailz

Nov 11, 2002
San Francisco
Visit site
Forgive if this has been posted for this year, but I think the rules should be posted again, as we're a month out, about the Camera rules for this year, so no one (or a least, less people) is surprised.

From PP FAQ
(same entry from last year, but assuming rules are the same)
--
Q: What about photography?
A: Only flash photography is allowed.

Detailed explanation:
I hope that my actions in years past have proven that the fans are my #1 concern. I want everyone happy. As a promoter, I have hard decisions to make and I cannot worry about ruffling a few feathers for the overall good of the show.

You have no idea how hard it has been to deal with bootleggers behind the scenes over the past few years. That is not something I discuss because all it does is add fuel to the fire and encourage some to “catch me if you can.”

Recent years were very difficult for my staff. The recent advances in technology and my limited resources would make it even more difficult this year. Memory cards, smaller cameras, etc. make it damn near impossible to tell the difference at times between waiting for that perfect shot and recording, especially by an amateur in the dark. I looked out last year and there were a sea of LCD screens. There was no way for me to check what was what.

I have come to the decision that only film photography will be allowed from now on. The only exceptions to the rule are press and sponsors and even they will have to carry a special badge after Todd personally inspects their cameras.

I know some of you are going to be upset and I’m truly sorry. I know your feelings and rationales as I did go back and re-read the threads in the forum from last year. You are welcome to email and tell me your feelings on it. I will attempt to reply to each one in a prompt fashion. However, I will not change my mind regardless.

This is a closed matter. I will also delete any new threads or posts on the subject in the forum as well. It is not open to discussion or debate as I do not want a repeat of the flame wars from last time.