ProgPower display at Nightwish shows at Center Stage

Andy Laudano

Feb 24, 2005
Ft Worth Texas
Any chance we can get a big ProgPower merch table/display up at the Nightwish/Kamelot shows? Fill the table with any extra t-shirts, Cds, DVDs, programs etc. for sale/giveaway/raffle whatever it takes to inform people coming for Nighwish/Kamelot that have never known about the fest. Have a TV/DVD player playing ProgPower DVDs so people can see what they've missed/are missing. Show the same festival footage in the arena on the big screens before each bands sets. I still think the key is to somehow get more locals to attend.

Hey Andy,

I'll do you one better and say that I'm planning on playing the announcement dvd prior to the shows. Actual music/video makes a bigger impact. I don't think it will drive sales much since it's last minute, but every little bit helps.

A geo-targeting ad campaign is starting in June via Fixion Media (Blabbermouth, Revolver, SMN News, Prog Archives, etc) for Atlanta specifically and then the rest split out to the rest of GA, AL, TN, NC, and SC.

The guy that runs the Masquerade hates my guts so we lose out on advertising at the biggest target audience locally there.

The guy that runs the Masquerade hates my guts so we lose out on advertising at the biggest target audience.

That stuns me.

I do not know the guy who runs the Masquerade, but you have been instrumental in bringing many acts to Atlanta who have subsequently played the Masq who may not have, otherwise. Thus making him some money.

People who help me make money = friends.

Plus, the worst thing I can say about you is that you are a Tennessee fan.

I've always wondered why I never saw more of a Progpower presence at the Masq, apart from t-shirts. Is the guy a UGA fan who still suffers flashbacks from the Fulmer years?

That stuns me.

I took Nightwish, Symphony X, and Epica away from him this year. I have done the same in the past with Helloween & others that have played the festival instead of the local Masq shows.

I don't have anything against the guy at all. I book these bands long before tours are plotted. However, it is what it is. Nothing I can do.

Hey Andy,

I'll do you one better and say that I'm planning on playing the announcement dvd prior to the shows. Actual music/video makes a bigger impact. I don't think it will drive sales much since it's last minute, but every little bit helps.

A geo-targeting ad campaign is starting in June via Fixion Media (Blabbermouth, Revolver, SMN News, Prog Archives, etc) for Atlanta specifically and then the rest split out to the rest of GA, AL, TN, NC, and SC.

The guy that runs the Masquerade hates my guts so we lose out on advertising at the biggest target audience locally there.

That's awesome! But just to be clear, Nightmare/CDInzane and the rest of the vendor tables won't be up until Friday, right? Too bad, I usually go straight to the CD tables on Friday and load up on stuff, but this year I'm going to need to make sure not to miss a second of Sinbreed, I bet they're going to kill it up there.

But, nothing is stopping your Street Team from handing out palm cards outside the Masq after shows get out, I hope?

I book these bands long before tours are plotted. However, it is what it is. Nothing I can do.

Exactly - you book bands ONE weekend a year. He gets the other 51.

I suppose an argument could be made that these bands may have come through Atlanta on a different weekend and played Masq if you weren't putting on your cute little festival thingie...

But that seems pretty speculative.