Gluten Free Eating at ProgPower?

mechanyx

Area Man
Mar 1, 2003
NYC
richhorner.com
I recently found out I can't digest gluten and it's a pretty big chore to make sure I eat enough even in the controlled environment of my own home. I'm hoping either some locals or any other gluten intolerant individuals who have been to ProgPower before (I've been several times but I never had dietary concerns previously) might have some suggestions or can at least point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

As living in a celiac household I can tell you it will be rough... I suggest bringing your own stuff as much as you can.
If you need any help hit me up. My daughter has celiac disease and it had helped me to become a bit of a gluten free expert....

I have Celiac and we usually eat at Tamarind Seed, Shout (sushi), Chinese Buddha (great curry rice noodles! delivery almost 24 hrs) Gordon Biersch, and always load up at Publix or Kroeger when we get there. This year I am going to check out that produce market and try Trader Joe's, I hear they have a ton of gluten-free products. Good luck!

I have Celiac and we usually eat at Tamarind Seed, Shout (sushi), Chinese Buddha (great curry rice noodles! delivery almost 24 hrs) Gordon Biersch, and always load up at Publix or Kroeger when we get there. This year I am going to check out that produce market and try Trader Joe's, I hear they have a ton of gluten-free products. Good luck!

Trader Joes has great GF items. Here is a list of most, they also will have a guide you can pick up at the store listing everything current that they carry.

http://www.traderjoes.com/lists/no-gluten.asp

Thanks everybody. I really hate Lara Bars. I wasn't kidding when I said eating is a chore. I think my best bet is to try to eat fruit and steak for five days. So the Dewberry Market and Gordon Biersch look like a winners.

I shop at Trader Joes here but everything I buy there requires preparation and it's a bit further than I'd want to walk (and carry groceries).

I'm also down to go to Fogo de Chao. I'm usually not big on all you can eat stuff but I'll probably be up for it by Saturday. Plus, afternoon food coma means more energy later :)

I have been trying to get people to go with me there for years now...with no luck. Where the hell have you and Milton been when I was looking? :p I just can't go on Friday or I won't be able to squeeze into my corset later. lol

I ate an entire burrito from Moe's Southwest Grill while wearing my corset.

Worst. Culinary/Fashion. Decision. Ever.

I ate an entire burrito from Moe's Southwest Grill while wearing my corset.

Worst. Culinary/Fashion. Decision. Ever.

They changed their menu design in stores to where basically there isn't one. If you aren't familiar with what they already serve, you have no idea what's in their food (unless you check the website). There's just obscure names for things with no explanations...

My friends down here all love going to Moe's...I just moved here.

I hate Moe's.