Gluten Free Eating at ProgPower?

Wow...I didn't realize shit was kicking off that early this year.

Guess I'm missing Creation's End completely and will probably just catch Darkwater as they're starting.

No Vortex for me then :(

(That said...I'm all for skipping Eldritch if anyone else is game. ;D)

Okay. I have a vivid memory of two years ago during corset night of the lobby smelling like death farts. It was AWFUL.

I'm glad it wasn't you. :)

I shop at Trader Joes here but everything I buy there requires preparation and it's a bit further than I'd want to walk (and carry groceries).

Sorry to jump in waaaay late, but I was on a gluten-free food plan in 2008, and made it through the festival. The Kroger is less than a mile from the venue, and has an OK "natural" foods selection (including gluten-free items) for a regular grocery store.

There is also a Whole Foods in town, but as I recall, it's kind of difficult to get to using public transit.

That year, I brought a lot of stuff from home. Lara bars (sorry) and also some of the KIND bars are gluten-free. Also brought some gluten-free crackers, packages of tuna, and some baggies of gluten-free cereal. The up side: extra room in the suitcase on the way home!

I bought some mustard, peanut butter, yogurt, cheese, and fruits/veggies at Kroger. Having a refrigerator in the room was really helpful.

Also, the local Subway (warning: they close early on Sat.) can also do any sandwich as a salad, although you might want to bring your own dressing to ensure there are no hidden gluten-containing ingredients.

Best of luck!

This was mentioned in another thread, but just wanted to confirm that the Kroger near the Super 8 is closed.

I walked to the Atlantic Station Publix instead of taking the shuttle. They do have some natural/gluten-free/organic items, but the selection isn't as extensive as the old Kroger.

It was a super easy walk *there*, although I got a little winded after hauling all my groceries *back* to the hotel!

By the way, there is another Publix that looks to be pretty close to the Artmore, just off 10th Street.

I just called (404) 888-8756 and the Kroger near the Super 8 is indeed closed. I deleted the photo from the restaurant album on facebook.

~Jen