ProgPower USA Kick-Off: Meet Your New Promoter

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
As many of you already know, Shane Dubose has retired as the promoter of the ProgPower USA Kick-Off show on Thursday night. I'd like to once again thank him for all of his efforts through the years. Take a bow bro. You earned it.

I'd also like to take this moment to state that Jen & I will only focus our future efforts on the main festival on Friday & Saturday. The Nightwish shows about killed us. :heh:

The torch has been passed....

I would like to formally announce that Nathan Block of Swordlord Productions is now your Kick-Off promoter. Nathan brings a true fanboy passion along with his extensive professional experience of promoting metal shows to Atlanta. I have no doubt that he will continue to deliver a quality show in the ProgPower USA tradition. Please join me in welcoming him officially to the ProgPower USA ranks.

Glenn

Greetings one and all!

First of all, I just want to tell you, truly, what an honor it is to be a part of ProgPower. I cannot believe it, but 2013 will be my 10th year attending this festival. ProgPower has become such a part of me that honestly I cannot remember what I did before my annual September pilgrimage to Atlanta and I cannot imagine my life without it. I know that many of you feel the same way and that is what makes all of you, the ProgPower family, so incredibly special.

What some of you may not know is that I have been a metal promoter in Minnesota for 10 years. I have brought some amazing acts to my home town, some which had never been there before or since. I was the first to bring some of our favorite metal bands into Minnesota including BLIND GUARDIAN, SYMPHONY X, EDGUY, RHAPSODY, KAMELOT, PAGAN’S MIND, EPICA, AFTER FOREVER, SONATA ARCTICA, HELLOWEEN, GAMMA RAY, FINNTROLL, TURISAS, PRIMORDIAL, MOONSORROW and many others. The track record of my Minnesota metal promotions speaks for itself.

Even with 10 years of metal promotions under my belt, I am humbled by the big shoes left for me to fill. Shane has done an utterly amazing job with the Showcase over the years, taking it from a small venue to the main stage in just a few short years. And Glenn set the bar incredibly high just a few short weeks ago with a double dose of Nightwish and Kamelot – both delivering two nights of amazing music in one-of-a-kind circumstances that will never be seen again. Both of them are tough acts to follow but I’m ready for the challenge!

I am truly looking forward to serving the metal family that has given me so many memories and friends over the years. I can state without any hesitation that the experiences I have had at ProgPower over the last 9 years have been among the best times of my entire life. Furthermore the friendships I have made at this festival have been truly extraordinary. I cannot possibly imagine a better way to pay all of this forward than to continue the great tradition of the ProgPower Showcase.

Over the next few days, there will be some really exciting announcements made regarding September 5, 2013. I guarantee you are not going to want to miss this show! I look forward to seeing you all there at what will be the most exciting start to my 10th year of ProgPower that I could possibly imagine. I hope you will be there to share it with me!

For the music,
Nathan “The SwordLord” Block
Proud ProgPower attendee/sponsor and Metal Promoter

Thank you for your service, Shane. :headbang:

And, a fine choice on the torchbearer. Glenn. Nathan goes by three rules: 1) Do not screw the artists, 2) Do not screw the fans, and 3) If you are in a position where you may have to screw the artists, the fans, or both, re-read the first two rules. So, Nathan should do you proud. :worship:

Nice! Welcome to the show, and can't wait to hear what you have planned for us. It's like a first date, except most of us are guys. :lol:

WOW!!!!!! That is some of the best news I have heard! Congrats Nathan! There is no better choice that could have been made. I am very proud of you indeed! :D

Excellent. Looking forward to the announcement of the Thursday bands:

Falconer
Avantasia
Savatage Reunion

After all, why should Glenn be the only person to deal with unrealistic expectations?

Steve in Philly

Is anyone really surprised that Nathan is the new kickoff promoter? He was a shoe-in! :)

Congrats Nathan!

Shane, you've done an excellent job all these years.

I couldn't be more pleased overall. :)

Congratulations! I think you are the super tall man if memory serves me right. I tend to notice tall people (ha ha).

There was no doubt this was in the making, congrats to Nathan, I know he will do a superb job. His first order of business is to get ASKA for thursday night