ProgPower USA X: Date & Info

So this is my first time going to Progpower and I have a question about food in the area near the venue. Since I don't know how to drive, I'm limited to where I can walk. Is there places to eat (it doesn't have to be fancy) near the venue or nearby hotels? An in-hotel restaurant would be nice but not required :)

Most of the hotels have free breakfast in the morning, and there is no shortage of food in the area. I think there is a thread, or maybe multiple threads in this forum regarding this. Also, beware, as some of the places (ie. Subway) keep weird hours, and aren't open when you would normally think they would be...The PPUSA crowd is quite friendly, and will help you find whatever you're looking for...

So this is my first time going to Progpower and I have a question about food in the area near the venue. Since I don't know how to drive, I'm limited to where I can walk. Is there places to eat (it doesn't have to be fancy) near the venue or nearby hotels? An in-hotel restaurant would be nice but not required :)

Call the local Dominos and ask them where that "20 pizza" order is going.

Ask them for a ride.

But seriously, you can get food delivered, as long as it is earlier than 2 am--after that your options go way down.

When we stay at the Residence, we go to Kroger's and stock up because of the refrigerator. Less money for restaurant food==more for merch.

I always go to the Madison Grille at least once during the weekend. Its one block away and has a wide range of food and outdoor seating. Good Beer selection as well.

I always go to the Madison Grille at least once during the weekend. Its one block away and has a wide range of food and outdoor seating. Good Beer selection as well.

And if you're going to hang out and drink in the vendor room during a band, you might as well go to Madison Grill and drink for about a quarter of the price. We got a pitcher there for less than two plastic cups at Center Stage.

Yep, ain't the classiest joint and sometimes the service is a little slow (sit at the bar!) but the distance, prices and food selection make it worth it. We usually eat there at least twice during the fest.

Don't forget about Front Page News & The Vickery (IIRC), bith on Crescent St. Front Page News is hands down my favorite resturant in the area.
I still miss the post Prog Power gyros place though... :headbang:

Or you could latch onto someone with a vehicle and (if needed) a local who knows the area and go out afterward to a 24-hour place like Chinese Buddha, Taco Cabana, etc. :)

For those staying at the Inn at the Peachtrees, hopefully the Metro Cafe will still be open, as it is within walking distance and open 24 hours. (It's at the corner of International Blvd and P'Tree Center Ave.) Huge portions and reasonable prices.

Whoops. Yeah, my sinus infection addled brain typed the wrong thing even after having looked at the Fox website.

Fine, we'll just put the two together and call it the Foxy Theater. :heh:

Or you could latch onto someone with a vehicle and (if needed) a local who knows the area and go out afterward to a 24-hour place like Chinese Buddha, Taco Cabana, etc. :)

There's a Taco Cabana in Atlanta?!? Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet, I gotta find that.

Buddha delivers until 4AM I think. They brought us awesome food at the Granada at 3:30 last year.

Buddha delivers until 4AM I think. They brought us awesome food at the Granada at 3:30 last year.

Yes, at least 4am, although I thought it was 6am on Fri. and Sat. They might as well still be 24 hours for PPUSA purposes, though. :)

There's a Taco Cabana in Atlanta?!? Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet, I gotta find that.

Corner of Cheshire Bridge Rd (or Monroe Dr) and Piedmont. That corner has apparently been sold and they might not be there next year...but then again, it's been 9 months or more since it was sold and they're still there.....

I'll note that, unlike the Taco Cabanas in Houston, they don't offer a half-size order of fajita nachos on their menu, which would rule. The full order is massive, but it's also about $7.50. :)

Corner of Cheshire Bridge Rd (or Monroe Dr) and Piedmont. That corner has apparently been sold and they might not be there next year...but then again, it's been 9 months or more since it was sold and they're still there.....

I'll note that, unlike the Taco Cabanas in Houston, they don't offer a half-size order of fajita nachos on their menu, which would rule. The full order is massive, but it's also about $7.50. :)

I had Taco Cabana for the first about a year and a half ago in San Antonio and Houston. It was so good that I had to eat it twice in one day. The salsa bar alone...mmmm. I hope it's still in Atlanta next year.

I had Taco Cabana for the first about a year and a half ago in San Antonio and Houston. It was so good that I had to eat it twice in one day. The salsa bar alone...mmmm. I hope it's still in Atlanta next year.

Me, too. We stopped there on the way home from TSO. As my friend Derek from Tenn. put it, "Well, we didn't drop by The Vortex during this roadtrip, but we DID stop at Taco Cabana, so this trip is official." :)