ProgPower USA XXII 2023 Autographed Remo Bass Drumhead Souvenir eBay Fundraiser

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
Fundraiser for "The Cryptex Fiasco" posted on the ProgPower USA Facebook page...

"I have dealt with a lot of situations over my 22 year festival career, but never one like this past festival. The Cryptex were scheduled to depart NYC on Thursday night at 8pm. They notified me their flight was delayed 2 hours. That sucks, but I notified shuttle service and the hotel. I get a message at 10pm saying it had been delayed another two hours. Damn. Shuttle and hotel notified again. I get the message they are on the plane at midnight. Excellent. I go to bed at 0100 and the phone rings at 0230. After an hour of waiting on the plane, the flight was canceled. The rescheduled flight was to arrive in Atlanta at 2pm...same time as their set. Their crew was able to get rescheduled on the 0600 flight. The band was not. There were no other options at JFK.

We (Milton was on the phone as well) find flights out of Newark at 0700 on a different airline. We book them. It is now 0400 and I have less than two hours to get them to an airport that is an hour away. We book an Uber for six people at 0400 for a solid hour drive. They arrive to the airport and...their flight is delayed until 0900. That puts them into Atlanta at 1100. Finally, Lady Luck shines on us as they were able to get on the 0800 flight via standby They grab their gear and haul ass straight to the venue. They have two hours to program their keys, tune their guitars, and prep for soundcheck....on no sleep in 36 hours. We finished with their line check at 1350...10 minutes before their set. They barely had time to put their stage clothes on and take a piss. Yet, they put on an amazing set. They deserved every praise in the world for hanging in there and getting the job done. Perhaps you now understand why Simon unleashed hell on the microphone stand at the end. It was a relief like no other for them.

Bottom line is that I'm out $2,300 very unexpectedly. Thus, I'm putting up a bass drumhead signed by all participating bands that performed this year over all four days (plus Xandria) for auction to help me recover my losses. I'm not doing any go fund me, etc. I just want to make a dent in this and I'm fine.

Auctions runs 10 days. - Glenn"

Reactions: Mardoch