Midnight...Midnight...Midnight...sheesh..

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
From Blabbermouth:
Reunited Florida metallers CRIMSON GLORY are scheduled to perform at the Rockwave Festival on July 12 at Terravibe in Malakasa, Greece. The band's guitarist Jon Drenning has posted the following update on the band's official blog:

"Well... This is the first daily blog for the traveling CRIMSON GLORY Freak Show...

"We all arrived to Miami, Florida safely on Friday evening... All is well. We get up and get the the airport. All is well. We all board the airplane. All is well. We have 5 minutes before takeoff and and security guard came on the plane and asked Midnight to leave... Why? Because he was a little tipsy and was puking into a bag... Doesn't everybody to do it???

"Anyways... Not good.

"So, I tell Midnight to go directly to the check-in gate and get the next flight...

"Midnight stays behind while we all take off for The Big Apple en route to Athens, Greece. We have no idea what happened to Midnight after we departed. We have no way of contacting him beacuse he has no cell phone... We presume he is either going to get on the next available flight or he has been arrested for drunk and disorderly conduct...

"Welcome to 'Spinal Tap'.

"In the meantime, we arrive to New York. I check to see what happened to Midnight. The Delta attendant says he has been booked on a flight the following day... If they let him on the plane is another issue...

"Anyway, our plane from New York to Athens is overbooked... Ben, Amanda and I agree to be rerouted through Budapest, Hungary, in exchange for being upgraded to first-class. Very cool! The difference between coach and first class on an international flight is like night and day. There is no comparison.

"So, the decision to be rerouted was a no brainer. Except that now, we have all been seperated in three groups. Three of us are going to Athens via Budapest, Hungary; Six of us are going directly to Athens and Midnight is still stuck (or arrested) in the airport in Miami...

"As I write this first blog, I am sitting in the Budapest, Hungary airport. Ben, Amanda and I are getting ready to board our plane to Athens, Greece. But they cannot guarantee our luggage will be on the flight. They say it may have already been sent to Athens. Guess we will find out when we arrive in Athens..."

Wow, unbelievable! You just can't make this shit up!

The difference between coach and first class on an international flight is like night and day. There is no comparison.
He is SO right about that. Almost wish I'd never experienced it. Will be so hard going back to the cattle car again.

batmura said:
Has anyone heard Midnight's solo album? Last time I read a couple of posts, people were saying it sucked.

More comments would be cool...

I'm a fan of his voice. I'm a fan of Crimson Glory. I was lucky enough to see the "on deck" performance at ProgPower. It felt like a religious experience, having wanted to hear his voice for so long.

That said, Sakeda is not what I would call good.

I can't listen to it all the way through. I can barely listen to Pain, which I loved from the deck performance.

Let's put it his way... I'm a collector with like 1500 cd's or more on the wall. I have plenty of CD's that suck the suck out of suck, but I can't get rid of them for some reason. Probably insanity.

Keep the above in mind.

This CD, will be sold on Ebay and if I get a dollar out it, I'll be happy and actually feel like I'm taking advantage of someone who doesn't know any better.

YMMV.

Zilla

Too funny. I was debatting on posting this myself and saying something like "Midnight WTF?"

I cant see a reunion lasting too long.

Has anyone heard Midnight's solo album? Last time I read a couple of posts, people were saying it sucked.

More comments would be cool...

Murat...avoid this cd like the plague....literally the worst cd i have heard in the last 3 or 4 years.

Could've been worse - could've read:
Well... This is the first daily blog for the traveling CRIMSON GLORY Freak Show...

"We all arrived to Miami, Florida safely on Friday evening... All is well. We get up and get the the airport. All is well. We all board the airplane. All is well. We have 5 minutes before takeoff and and security guard came on the plane and asked Midnight to leave... Why? Because he was a little tipsy and was puking into a bag... Doesn't everybody to do it???

"Anyways... Not good.

"So, I tell Midnight to go directly to the check-in gate and get the next flight...

"Midnight stays behind while we all take off for Atlanta, Georgia"....
Wow.....

PowerFreak said:
I'm a fan of his voice. I'm a fan of Crimson Glory. I was lucky enough to see the "on deck" performance at ProgPower. It felt like a religious experience, having wanted to hear his voice for so long.

When RK introduced Midnight to the crowd for his "on deck" performance I had no idea who he was. My friends around me and I had a good time with that one. To hear stories like this one "fit" so nicely into the equation is great. It just makes thoes memories better and the laughs harder.

Taliwakker said:
Murat...avoid this cd like the plague....literally the worst cd i have heard in the last 3 or 4 years.
Whoa! :erk:

I had no intention to pick it up unless a friend of mine lent it to me or something, but based on your comments I guess I'm in no hurry to check it out.

nailz said:
At least he didn't get on the plane drunk and scream things about prune juice.

Midnight and Yngwie should travel together...with matching "Unleash The Fucking Fury" barf bags...

Rock on!

ashaman7122 said:
Midnight and Yngwie should travel together...with matching "Unleash The Fucking Fury" barf bags...

LOL, for some reason I keep getting an image of it being a sort of "Dueling Banjos" of guitar shredders/pukers....

Either way, Yngwie would try to one-up Midnight. Guaranteed.

I just saw the roster for this festival in Greece, and CG is sharing the bill with Guns & Roses and WASP (among others)...

Man...what a suck festival. WASP has probably already cancelled (due to some temporary aortic condition with Blackie), G&R will be extremely late to hit the stage (if at all)...and...as far as CG goes...who knows?

What a shame...thank god for PPUSA!

Rock on!

ashaman7122 said:

Rock on!
Everyone seems to forget who instigated the Yngwie incident. There should be a "third musketeer" in that travelling circus. Hide the children and flight attendents!